combo box

Hi Guys
i currently have a zgemma h2h and lately ive noticed it locking up or just generally running really slow so im thinking its time to maybe get a newer box so im looking for some recommendations for a good sat and cable combo box nothing to expensive i did look at the zgemma h9 are they any good ?
TIA

M8 i bought the h9s last week and sent it back yesterday. Didn't think much off it tbh, kept getting a problem when changing channel. It was taking about 3 or 4 seconds for the sound to catch up with the picture somebody had the same issue on here aswell. Box is also very small. If you can get the h7 for a decent price i would go for that the h9 also has small memory.....

H2h won't lock up just running on virgin or sky.
Hi What would just i try im running grogbuild up to date as of yesterday and using a 64g usb scandisk ultra i think it is
ive been using this setup for a good few years just strange how its just started doing it
any help would be appreciated

ive reflashed and its upto date as of yesterday but just dont seem as smooth for some reason its a good few years old now
although an older system the H2H will run as smooth as it ever did, set it up a fresh & do not restore any settings etc, If it's running slow it will be software related...either outdated software versions or restored/backup settings causing issues

although an older system the H2H will run as smooth as it ever did, set it up a fresh & do not restore any settings etc, If it's running slow it will be software related...either outdated software versions or restored/backup settings causing issues
Hi Mate it was a complete fresh install and i went from atv6.2 to 6.3 i will do a complete fresh install again later
just out of interest is there anything i could use to wipe the box like a formatting tool or is it just a case of overwriting it will 6.3
TIA

Hi Mate it was a complete fresh install and i went from atv6.2 to 6.3 i will do a complete fresh install again later
just out of interest is there anything i could use to wipe the box like a formatting tool or is it just a case of overwriting it will 6.3
TIA
Put the firmware on 6.2 open atv and see if that works i had a similar issue with my dad’s box when i updated it to 6.3, after flashing it back to 6.2 no issues I have a VM and sly line running simultaneously on the box

If you have ATV6,2 on the system & want to flash to ATV6.3 with a clean install & nothing restored, start by placing the system on its default skin (matrix), then initialize the USB/HDD (this will clear all old data), next 'flash online' (blue button). Once done you should have a clean install of ATV6.3 & be ready to move onto installing someones build/image or completing your own.

If wanting infinity initialse the usb manually as will crash box if wanting grogs again that will flash and install the image via command or you can try dsayers2014 image for h2h or willobuild which uses vix (if supported)

one problem I had was the speed of writing to my USB flash drive because of the default timeshift settings.

Steps to resolve (Using windows ten laptop).

1. shut down your zgemma box and remove USB stick.
2. put disk into your windows 10 laptop and press cancel when the format dialogue appears
3. press WIN +R for the run box and type in "cmd" and then press enter. This will bring up a command prompt window
4. type in "diskpart" and enter, a new administration cmd window will appear allowing you to modify your disks.
******** FOLLOW THE NEXT INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY, a MIS STEP CAN DAMAGE YOUR WINDOWS INSTALL OR PERSONAL FILES *****
5. type "list disk "and press enter, this will show you a list of detected disks on your computer.

6. Identify which disk is the disk number of the USB flash drive (In your case it will be the 64gb drive), and type "select disk <disk number of the USB"
7. type list partition and press enter, confirm that this is definitely the disk you wish to wipe.
8. type "clean" and press enter
9. type "create partition primary" and press enter
10. type "select partition 1", press enter and then type "format fs=fat32 quick" and finally type active and press enter.

you can now remove your usb drive from your laptop, plug it back into zgemma and start the box.

after this, you are free to initialize the usb within your zgemma again. The final step I do is to disable timeshift from timeshift settings.

what you have done is wiped the partition map of the USB drive and started again.

This works for me and hopefully may work for you too.

Back