Complete noob. Please help

Daltotm

hi everyone! I have a lot of questions (some of which I'm sure are stupid) and I'm hoping someone can help!

I've done a lot of reading and I'm thinking of buying a vu duo2. I wish to use this box to connect to my sky dish and receive the encrypted channels.

I'm looking at buying one off world of satellite (il upload a picture of which spec) and I'm wondering what my next steps are.
Firstly, it gives me a list of firmware I can have loaded onto the flashed box, what is best to go for? I've heard of black hole and VIX but don't really understand fully.
Secondly, once this box comes, how do I go about getting all the channels?! Do I have to upgrade it or connect it to my computer first?
I've also read about the dual tuners being able to record upto 4 programmes?! How is this made possible.

So what I suppose I'm asking for is a kind soul to talk me through the whole process or point me in the right direction.

Sorry for all the questions just really want to get this right!

Not to sure about vu as I run a zgemma. Both are enigma 2 receivers and both capible of running vix.
I have a twin tuner and it runs 2 wires from my lnb to my box I can record 2 channels at same time
Never heard of one recording 4 channels. But if it can it would need 4 wires from the lnb. Lnbs come with either 1,4 or 8 ports for the wires

Thanks for the reply. How do you find the zgemma? I'm new to this but I'm good with technology given a nudge or a bit of guidance first time.

I've had 3 boxes over the past 3 years.
Open box - complete waste of money
Blade media bm5000s - top box how ever you are stuck to their firmware
Zgemma h2.s - world class and the best box out their that's not called VU

Save your self a few quid and get a Zgemma h2.s and run vix on it record 1 channel and watch another you can get them for £70.
This is it in action now.
grab-2.jpg

That looks good!! Any chance you could PM me? Don't want to get anyone in trouble asking questions on here. If it's not too much trouble??

Back