Compromised IPTV supplier?

Sparky81

My IPTV supplier has been quiet for ages, then I got an email from them (from a new .eu address) asking me to confirm my email, then another one with the following message:

Hi everyone I hope you are all ok, this is just a quick email to let you know that we have a new dedicated client area that you can use to order subscriptions, check expiry dates, check out installation guides and create support tickets...no more emailing back and forth just to extend your subs or get support!

You will all be receiving an email shortly with a link to the new client area, please ensure the very first thing you do is log in and set a password...instructions on how to do this will be in the email.

Please note it is important you use the new client area rather than emails as this email address will gradually become unmonitored over time.

As always thank you for your custom and I look forward to hearing from you all.

The subsequent email reads:

Your new client area has been activated. Please review this email in its entirety as it contains important information.

Logging In

You can access our client area at <LINK>

You will need your email address and we have set up your account with a temporary password (PASSWORD).

Please log in to your account immediately and change your password by clicking the green "update" button and selecting "change password".

Can you also please check your current subscription info is correct under the "Your active products/services" tab and create a support ticket if incorrect.

Getting Support

If you need any help or assistance, you can access our support resources below. You can also drop us an email but bear in mind emails will become unmonitored soon.

Has anyone else with this supplier received the same and been in a position to confirm it's all "legit"? Maybe I'm being over-cautious, but reminds me of when the FBI took over Silk Road and continued business to capture information on users etc.

If they haven't let you know through the previous method of communication that this'd be happening, then I'd say you're right to be cautious.

Personally, I'd use that sub till it expired then look elsewhere and hope I didn't need any support till my sub was over.

I never responded to the original email, asking me to confirm my address, so something seems a bit fishy. I'll wait and see if anyone else has received the same and what they've done...

It could be genuine my main supplier uses a similar system to automate everything.

However, you would be silly to put in your proper adress

Have to agree some providers do send mass emails but asking for your address is strange they could've been compromised and been taken over but if that was the case they would surely be able to locate via ip address and bet you get some daft fekker that will send their address lol

Can you also please check your current subscription info is correct under the "Your active products/services"
obviously if the details there are correct then it is genuine. i,e, when you got last subscription.

Yes true but I personally prefer the ones who offer discord or telegram and even WhatsApp support so u know they are really genuine

Could you send the email address a question about your sub that only your supplier would know. Such as how long is left on your existing sub?

Yes true but I personally prefer the ones who offer discord or telegram and even WhatsApp support so u know they are really genuine
Think you are being too over cautious, (no bad thing but) that system is now being used by many providers who wish to stay under the radar. Whattsapp, Discord, Telegram support etc is fraught with chancers (and spies) getting access to the chats and waiting to glean info via a less than careful member post. Updates and info via your dedicated client area will not be up to scrutiny by all and sundry on any such forum.

Back