Confirmed: Atari is making a console

j4v3d

VIP Member
After reporting earlier this week that Atari seemed to be working on a new console (and hiring developers) we can now confirm both. CEO Fred Shesnais told GamesBeat today that everyones favorite classic game company is indeed working on a new console.

While the company did forego any sort of announcement pertaining to the console at E3 this year, we did get this puzzling teaser video a few days before.

There’s not a lot of information to be gained from the video, but the YouTube headline “First Look: A brand new Atari product. Years in the making” seemed to hint at a new console. Foregoing a formal announcement at the world’s biggest video game conference, however, left us to wonder whether this was indeed the case — and if it were a new console, or an emulator-type system — like the NES Classic — to play old Atari favorites.

Many even wondered if the Ataribox teaser was fake.

Chesnais declined to describe what exactly Atari was working on, but he did say the system was based on PC technology. We’ll keep you posted.

Code:
https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2017/06/16/confirmed-atari-making-console/#.tnw_fagasDr0

i use to prefer the amiga500 to atari or even better commodore 64 :(y)::(y):

kick start and jet set willy best games going code masters jet pack good old 80s retro games

Still got my Atari 520 on a shelf somewhere.

I remember blowing my kid's minds because I got a mod to increase the memory from 1/2mb to a whopping 1mb!

heres one who rembers skool daze jet pac,manic miner,elite,r type i think i need to look on flebay try buy one show my kids real gaming

r type was bit solid i thought :):)then remember 1942 plane game was class

maxresdefault.jpg

loved it, also 1943, the battle for midway

heres one who rembers skool daze jet pac,manic miner,elite,r type i think i need to look on flebay try buy one show my kids real gaming
I remember manic miner on spectrum top game
Double dragon, final fight, green beret,jet set willy, dizzy I could go on loved em
What about kick off for a football game
If you thought graphics was bad on a spectrum 48k
I had a commodore vic 20 any one have 1?
Anti matter splatter and cops and robbers

Last edited:
Back