confused about my cable options & which DVB box to purchase.

greenbird

hi,i hope this isnt a stupid question.ihave virgin cable broadband i also had tv but i cancelled this a few years ago.if i buy a dbox2 or similar could i receive tv again?.if its possible what box would people recomend?.thank for helping

im not sure about this one as im in ireland im sure some one will be able to help you out and welcome to techkings

confused

thanks hatmad,some people have said i can,but before i spend £100 i like to be reasonably sure. thanks for reply.

if you can get a loan of a mates box you know in 5 mins sorry i cant say or sure but i would think you still have a live feed if you can get a loan of a box youll now for sure

How`re ye Greenbird and welcome to TK.
Have to agree with Had,I too am in Ireland so cannot guarantee it either, But i have read reports of other people being able to hook it up to an old connection and it worked fine,
From what i understand it seems to be the company policy to take away the set top box they gave to the customer but to leave the connection "live".
As Had said, if you can borrow a box from a mate you will find out in 5 mins.

Hi and :welcome here: im in UK and again would suggest before you spend get one on load, but you should be ok. I have heard of people that canceled a few yrs back and still having a live feed. I have a subscription - only minimal BUT that gives me a live feed. But certainly worth a try.
As for suggestions as to which box - think its personal preference. I have kryptview, SV3 and EV Max all good boxes

mine comes threw my broadband greenbird, just put a splitter on the coax mines worked like this for years. on the box depends were you are. starview is a nice simple box depends wot you won`t. oh welcome to TK.(y)

confused

hi everyone, thanks a million for your replies.ill still try to borrow a box but im very tempted to buy one of ebay now.ill have a cup of tea and ponder.see ya

confused

hi every one again.after thinking overnight ive decided to get a box,i have ordered a starview 4 usb it should be here tomorrow the 30th.if things dont work i can always get a minimum package from virgin and take it from there.will be back in touch and let you all know what happens.see ya

If you have Virgin Media Broadband It will work, as Dee said you just split the cable feed into 2, one to your box and the other to BB.

185119_Full.jpg

not as confused

thanks hiteck&noelyf,i have got a splitter have also downloaded logos and firmware 1.10 just got to wait till tomorrow will report back later.

Greenbird good luck!
the splitter HT has shown you i have oen similar to that but its more powerful ( not sure if thats what i mean but it goes up to a lot more than the 1000mhz think mine is 2400 or 2500mhz or similar. the smaller 1000mhz was not powerful enough to pick up all channels
got mine from a tv aerial place

hi everyone, just thought i would update you all.i got my starview today 1st,and ive installed it using advice ive received from all of you,every thing has worked a treat ive got every channel you can imagine so id like to thank every one of you for the advice youve given.i have one futher question ive installed firmware 1.07 is it worth upping to 1.12 or should i leave well alone. thanks a million to you all

Well done mate, glad you got it up & running.
I`d reccomend putting the v 1.12 on it greenbird, just to be on the safe side :)

Back