Confused about webif and installing Infinity

funkyou

I had a zgemma h2s doing nothing so today i tried to install wooshbuild v5, this was before i realised it was discontinued as when i got to the end of the set up on the box it would not download the files from the wooshbuild server.
I got the ip of the box from its network menu but i can not connect to it to run the wooshbuild infinity through the browser.
I then tried to install openATV , the box recognises i have a usb plugged in but after a minute it just boots back into the woosbuild v5 setup, im lost as to what i should be doing to get back up and running.

I had a zgemma h2s doing nothing so today i tried to install wooshbuild v5, this was before i realised it was discontinued as when i got to the end of the set up on the box it would not download the files from the wooshbuild server.
I got the ip of the box from its network menu but i can not connect to it to run the wooshbuild infinity through the browser.
I then tried to install openATV , the box recognises i have a usb plugged in but after a minute it just boots back into the woosbuild v5 setup, im lost as to what i should be doing to get back up and running.
Flash it to openatv 6.3 then find the wlooshbuild resource on site that will give you the details and script for webkit!

By flash do you mean try and load it from a usb? ive tried that and it just boots back into wooshbuild set up for v2 or 4 i think.

By flash do you mean try and load it from a usb? ive tried that and it just boots back into wooshbuild set up for v2 or 4 i think.
Yes download from openatv site then transfer to USB! Try another stick if it's not working, I use 4gb for that bit, when flashing use rear USB plug pull out mains wire and put back in and I think on h2s you press the volume button on front till flash appears! Get that bit done before trying anything else,

Thats what i tried to do, i used the same stick i used for woosh. The stick is recognised when i try iy, screen on box flashes with UPDT a few times and then boots back into basebuild for wooshbuild.
There is no volume buttons on my box h2s

Thats what i tried to do, i used the same stick i used for woosh. The stick is recognised when i try iy, screen on box flashes with UPDT a few times and then boots back into basebuild for wooshbuild.
You dont need USB for wooshbuid infinity! You will need to format stick to fat 32 then put on openatv 6.3 the rest of the the process is command from webif by connecting to your box and putting command line in!

It's been a while since I had that box, it's the power on button you press at the same time! The one at the front

The stick is fat32, i have put openatv on the stick and it doesnt install. when the stick thats fat32 with open atv files on it is booted in the h2s, the screen flashes with UPDT a few times, then BOOT and it then loads back up to the basebuild for wooshbuild thats already on the box.
i know i dont need a usb for xfinity, im trying to install openatv like you keep telling me

The stick is fat32, i have put openatv on the stick and it doesnt install. when the stick thats fat32 with open atv files on it is booted in the h2s, the screen flashes with UPDT a few times, then BOOT and it then loads back up to the basebuild for wooshbuild thats already on the box.
i know i dont need a usb for xfinity, im trying to install openatv like you keep telling me
Flashing to openatv will or should remove everything on the box, make sure it says flsh on front of box not USB or update , the first step is to get openatv 6.3 only on the box! Press the power button at start to get the flash sign up! If it goes to boot it has not flashed! Apart from the end of flash period

Ok thank you i have now got openatv on the box after holding the front power button to flash. I assume the next step is use web browser on my pc, when i try to connect to the h2s's ip i get the generic message "your internet access is blocked". im on a windows 10 machine with wondows defender, ive tried disabling anti virus and firewalls but i still cannot connect to the ip

Ok thank you i have now got openatv on the box after holding the front power button to flash. I assume the next step is use web browser on my pc, when i try to connect to the h2s's ip i get the generic message "your internet access is blocked". im on a windows 10 machine with wondows defender, ive tried disabling anti virus and firewalls but i still cannot connect to the ip
You are half way there, I assume you have put your box ip in browser to connect to webif? Then you want terminal, type root and you are ready to enter the command
Type OPKG install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk

ive tried to put my box ip in the browser but it says your internet access is blocked so i cant even see webif, that is my problem

Back