Confused! (Cable Boxes)

smithjr

Morning All

I was looking for some assistance on deciding which cable box I should purchase.

From what I gather I need to purchase a dual/twin cable receiver to record at least one channel and watch another simultaneously.

With that in mind I have narrowed it down to the following boxes but I am certainly open to suggestion from more experienced posters if there are better options available for my requirements.

Not sure about the rules regarding posting links on this forum so I will only list the make/model of each receiver, which are as follows -

. Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVD-C/T/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver
. Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid 1 x DVB-C/T/2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

Both boxes are supplied by WOS and they also offer to FLASH with Enigma 2 firmware (OpenVix/Blackhole/VTI/OpenPLI/OpenATV) prior to despatch which again is something I am currently unsure of.

Would it be best for me to receive the box already flashed, if so which firmware available should I choose? If not then is there a flash available online that would be suitable (preferably with the usual plugins/blue HD skin/etc)?

I will also need a line which obviously cannot be arranged until I have decided which box to purchase however I need to know before doing so that there will be one available.

I plan to connect via broadband cable using a splitter if this makes any difference to anything.

Thank you in advance and apologies for all the questions!

I would have the box pre-flashed with Openvix as it is supported by WOS

The Miraclebox which you have suggested in your post #1 is only a single tuner box

I would have the box pre-flashed with Openvix as it is supported by WOS

Thanks, do you know anymore regarding the VU+ Solo itself in terms of quality, performance, etc?

Also once flashed is it just a case of me getting a line for the channels?

Vu+ solo se is a good box, vu quality is one of the best. it should come with a 2 yr guarantee too.

once you get the box you will need to set it up follow Bees E2 setup for this, but set both tuners for DVB-C. and add the mgcamd cam from pluggins.

then add line.

Perfect, thank you!

One final query - they offer extras such as 'Networking Poweline Homeplug' and 'VU+ additional USB tuner options'

Are these extras I need or are they not necessary?

Back