COOL APPS for Iphone (4)

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
I have found some great apps for the iphone 4 so thought id share them with you. Most are free if they are paid for apps ill add the price.

Photobucket - take photos on your iphone and upload direct to your photobucket account

Photoblast - will instantly upload photos to your facebook

Photo Transfer App £1.79 transfer photos to your pc from your iphone

Torch+ - this was free but is now £0.59 - there are other good ones for free

Vouchercloud downloads money off vouchers for your fav restaurants

Feel free to any any apps you think might be useful

Last edited:
I'll have to have a look at some of these as my wife is desperately trying to find a good photo editing app.

Ive just been to my mates to set up media streaming from his laptop which uses windows 7 to his iphone 3Gs.
He's an absolute techno-not-a-clue so it was an absolute nightmare trying to describe things to him.
Anyway the program we used is called Air Video

Works extremely well actually.

I think its free or there may be just a trial period, well he didnt have to pay for anything anyway.

Install to computer, media sharing must be on.
The program creates a server between your computer and router and finds your iphone which also must have the air video app installed.

You can then add folders from your iTunes Library or folders from your hard drive to the window in the server and the server will stream them to your iphone.

Simple as that!

edit: I presume same goes for iphone 4 ;)

Last edited:
7th ive just had a look and there are so many free ones BUT i dont think you can do much with the free editing ones, its more changing the colour and silly stuff rather than cropping etc.
But if you find a good one free or paid, id be interested to know so that i can edit before i upload to PB
But i do use the photobucket one when i remember lol yesterday i went to upload and it told me i had over 149 media or photos and vids to upload - but if you uplaod to PB on a regular basis you can then edit in PB
must confess the apps ive got are games :)
I do have sleep talker but not used it yet - keep telling hubby im gonna put it on one night to prove he snores lol!
BUt i do use forum runner so i can keep uptodate with TK that was a paid for app (£1.19) the free one would let you do much But £1.19 well worth paying IMO

Linny, she's tried several of the free ones and been pretty disappointed with all of them thus far. But, she's still looking for the right one. I'll let you know what she finds and what she thinks about it.

Forumrunner looks pretty sweet, the paid version is $1.99 so, it's probably worth me picking up too. I'll give the free version a shot and buy it if it seems like it'll work for me. Thanks for mentioning that one!

your welcome, i think with the free ones ( like most free stuff) i couldnt reply. there is also taptalk but ive not even tried that as i was happy with forum runner. Also works with any other VB forums that have it installed on their system! Thanks to HT he added both FR and taptalk
free or lite apps are ok until you want to do something - games are ok BUT you have to purchase coins/stars etc and people fall into the trap ( yes including me) or you get free stuff IF you download other apps!

My old downfall with the iphone is Apple will not allow adobe flash to be installed! :(
I also have ping chat - like msn/text but its all free and does not come out of your allowance there are also similar stuff to ping chat like Kik messenger (under social networking)
another good one i like is facely HD ( for facebook) - again had to get the paid one for it to work (0.59p)

Same for me Linny. Mine is on contract so i'm pretty wary of jailbreaking it at this point.

I can wait. lol

tbh id be to scared to but then again once my 2 yrs are up id like to find out how easy it is. But if on contract you even as much as touch it they wont do anything about it and Knowing how " funny" Apple are about their products you dont want to give them any reason to think otherwise!

Games

OK so after talking to J4v3d about Angry birds her is a list of other games ive got on my phone. They can be rather addictive lol!
Again some are paid for some are free. Not sure how they work on JB iphones.

Coin Dozer/Cookie dozer - various games all push penny games like the arcades. Another similar one is just called Coin BUT you dont win as many coins as the coin dozer.
Tetris - well thats a Must!
Tapzoo - buy animals, feed them get coins/rewards to build your zoo
bubble xplode/jewelquest - all get 3+ in a row to kill the row/line
Bowling - great but hard work on ya fingers!
and of course Solitaire!

I also have a Pollen Count - for those of you that suffer allergies. Tells you on a daily basis the Pollen count!

downloading the apps you have recommended Linny and some of them games, ive got plenty more as well, jailbroken iPhone is just awesome, download as many games as you want for FREE :)

but what about space?? i cant download any more unless i take my music off :(

apparently ive got 61 apps 690 songs 3 vids 110 photos my capacity is 14gb and ive got 1.7gb left :(
i need a 32 gb one lol

Last edited:
but what about space?? i cant download any more unless i take my music off :(

apparently ive got 61 apps 690 songs 3 vids 110 photos my capacity is 14gb and ive got 1.7gb left :(
i need a 32 gb one lol

fancy a swap? lol just joking LOL

i guess size truly does matter to women lmao

hi linny im thinking of getting a iphone would you recommend them.and when people are talking about jailbreaking there iphone what do they mean.thank you

babs said:
hi linny im thinking of getting a iphone would you recommend them.and when people are talking about jailbreaking there iphone what do they mean.thank you

Yes babs def recomend one. Jailbreaking means modding it so u can add stuff for free. Not something ive done as im under contract but the guys can help if thats what u want to do. If u get one check what provider gives u best value for money. 3 have a good deal still i think x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

another decent app for iPhone is iSim. If you need to put your sim in another phone for any reason then use iSim to copy all the contacts stored on iPhone memory on to the sim card or you could lose all those precious contacts.

Back