Cordless ratchet

steptoe

VIP Member
Before we start,
I know normal ratchets are cordless, before the smart guys pile in
( @pabloescaban :ROFLMAO: )

What I'm looking for is a battery one,
Most of my kit is Milwaukee , but I couldn't honestly justify the price for something I won't actually use that much,
I'm looking for a long reach 3/8" drive , been looking at the AC Delco , around £110 with 2 batteries , do Sealey do a long reach one,? I've only seen a normal length.
Outright torque isn't an issue, I would be using an actual torque wrench for final tightening anyway, or breaker bar for cracking.
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks

Not powered, but l have a 10 inch snap on 3/8 drive that needs a new guts in which snap on will replace FOC you are welcome to.(y)
Thanks for the offer @woody6222
But I have plenty of normal ratchets,
Just some of the stuff I work on has a very limited throw, maybe only 1 click on a 32 tooth, so looking for something a bit faster for long bolts.

@steptoe did you manage to source a long reach one out 🤔🤔 ive been looking for an 1/2 inch one for a back up at garage incase compressor decides to have a day off but cant believe the price of things now.
They really handy for jobs on small bolts etc when theres a lot of them that need zipping out quicker that a conventional ratchet lol.
Had a cambelt and waterpump change on a ford mondeo other day and damn was the bottom crank pulley bolt tight ffs air gun wouldn't shift it for love of money and had to give it some heat with blow torch and eventually got it to shift with 1/2 inch breaker bar and a length of scaffold pole 🤣🤣🤣 damn factory locktite must have set like concrete on the bolt but happy days and 2 bloody knuckles later job sorted 👌👌👌👌

@steptoe did you manage to source a long reach one out 🤔🤔 ive been looking for an 1/2 inch one for a back up at garage incase compressor decides to have a day off but cant believe the price of things now.
They really handy for jobs on small bolts etc when theres a lot of them that need zipping out quicker that a conventional ratchet lol.
Had a cambelt and waterpump change on a ford mondeo other day and damn was the bottom crank pulley bolt tight ffs air gun wouldn't shift it for love of money and had to give it some heat with blow torch and eventually got it to shift with 1/2 inch breaker bar and a length of scaffold pole 🤣🤣🤣 damn factory locktite must have set like concrete on the bolt but happy days and 2 bloody knuckles later job sorted 👌👌👌👌
I went for the AC Delco one, 3/8, it's long reach, would have got the Milwaukee but couldn't justify the cost for the little use I would actually give it.
From what I've seen, NONE of them have a lot of punch, from what you've said you'd need a ratchet impact for that flywheel bolt,
I used my Milwaukee impact screwdriver with a 1/2" adapter to take the front hubs off my old Citroen relay, (needed a new CV joint)
I only need to pull up to about 30-40Nm, then it's a proper torque wrench.
For loads of smaller bolts it's brilliant, I also use it on big stuff to get the slack took up on them, 19mm bolts getting torqued to 110Nm
TBH , I wouldn't take this ratchet near anything I'm pulling up on a bike engine, (hobby, not work), but good for stripping down.
On paper spec I think it's something like 45Nm, but I'm doubtful it's even close to that going by the feel of it, maybe I should try a torque wrench on a bolt and keep winding it up until it stops clicking :unsure:

Glad you not bought Sealey crap as we bought 3 retractable reels and worklight and a year later output of light was like a candle and see nothing.

Are Britool torque wrenches still in use standard and extra long.

Glad you not bought Sealey crap as we bought 3 retractable reels and worklight and a year later output of light was like a candle and see nothing.

Are Britool torque wrenches still in use standard and extra long.
I think Sealey is good VFM depending on what you are buying.
As for torque wrenches, I'd highly recommend TENG for VFM, I have one and also a NEILSON that I use both regularly, 3/8 drive as that's my preferable size.

1652816532761147258422242690445.jpg

I bought a Clarke digital torque convertor other day from local Machine mart and first impressions its not too bad, only gripe would be the audible beep when you reach your setting is very quiet and dont think the volume on it can be increased.
I used it on a rear wheel bearing on mk1 ford focus no problem 175ft lbs.

Attachments

• download.jpeg.jpg
    download.jpeg.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1
Back