corsa c problem

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Took it to the garage it was making a noise when turning like a clunky only turning right moving. Doesnt do it stationary.

Garage had a look and said car needed tyres, CV boot clip and it would pass its mot..

Took car home and now it makes the clunky noise either way I turn.

What will this be?. He said cv boots are fine he checked them said the clip had snapped on one that's it.

Front wheel nut tight.
Inner steering arms worn.
Movement of halfshaft in cv
If you drive in a circle do you get clunk clunk clunk=worn cv joint

He said he checked everything on the cv joints
Just needed clip. Strange

Not tried a full circle. Just slowly turning left or right I've Noticed

Checked wheel nuts there tight.

Are inner steering arms classed as droplinks?

I'm sure My focus made this noise when they went

No droplinks are from shock to anti rollbar also known as stabilizer link arm and common for noise when going over rough road or cobblestones.
With car standing still engine off turn steering left and right quickly 1/4 turn is enough any banging then.

No nothing just been for a blast in it now. Tesco car park around and around and it wouldn't do it either way Left or right. Lol

Got home turned around to park and it made a slight creaking noise. It's there but not all the time. It's the wife's car so I'm not in it to Hear it. Although I have a few days back quite bad

Creaking could be semi seized ball joint or steering outer arm.
Anti rollbar inner bush dry.
Bounce wing up and down and listen for noise.

When you went round and round did you go the other way on full lock,ahh you did no noise the cv must be okay then.
If its wet it gets lubricated and noise may go.

Check power steering pump belt.
I had an old VW that made a racket when full lock on either way.
Pump was struggling because belt was like a prick in a shirt sleeve.
Tightened it up and everything fine

Yes its 55 reg. gonna just bang it in for its not see if they find anything. There quite good with me. I'll tell them it's making a noise

Jack it up, see if any movement in wheel, could be a wheel bearing.
I have a combo van, same chassis and engine as a corsa C , fairly basic and bulletproof tbh.
CV joints and wheel bearings would be my first thoughts.

if its a loud clicking/clunking noise it will the the CV joint or joints, common on the corsa C , expecially if the CV boot has been insecure aswell so the joint has more likely ran dry and they will only make the noise when on full lock turning either left or right depending what cv joint has gone, you can get the cv joints separate too the shaft on these.

Back