Corsa d airbag light

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello all

Just bought my missus a Corsa d. Drove it home and airbag light as come on. Contacted the seller and he said he use to wiggle some wires underneath the seat. Didn't mention which one lol

Had it in the garage now and he's checked under the seats and he said all looks ok. All though all he said he did was unplug and replug the connectors

He checked everything on his diagnosis machine and the first test it said everything was good.

He did another and it threw up 13 faults, abs, angle position sensor, airbag, Speedo not working, rev counter not working and loads of can bus errors, air conditioning, hot air blower, and the airbag sensor front says wrong part fitted or intermittent fault, the list goes on.

Although all these things do actually work

When he put the key back in the car and started it up the airbag light was off and now we have a abs fault.

He decided to put the machine back on it and the abs light goes out and within minutes the air bag light comes on

Garage presumed ECU is knackered as it doesnt know what's wrong. Said to change the airbag sensor front but he doubts that will fix it. And want over £80 to fit the sensor.

I've ordered the sensor I'll change that myself it's easy to do

Anyone else had this error?

Will it be the ECU?...

Probably @rs500nutter may know bud as he’s good with cars and works in a garage also.
Hope you get your issue resolved tho bud or you could just try getting your £££ back from the seller

Hmm could be a number of things but usually airbag fault tends to be a fault with the multiplug under the seat.
This usually happens when someone who is 6ft plus tall pushes the seat right back and then someone who's only 4ft tall slides the seat all the way forward it pulls sometimes on the wiring plug and can dislodge a wire inside the plug.
It could well be the sensor but sometimes its hard to narrow it down.
As for the abs fault that too could be a wheel sensor wiring issue or the sensor itself or the reluctor pick up ring could need cleaning or replacing when which wheel is at fault when identified.
Could the car have been involved in an accident and not repaired properly and its had its airbags replaced etc the list is endless.

Garage said they unplugged and replugged the sockets in underneath the seats.

I'm gonna try this sensor but I think it needs resetting on a scanner doesn't it after reinstalling a new sensor. The fault just won't go away will it?

Abs lights off now that only come on when garage were mauling with it

Yeah will need plugging in and resetting etc.
Could also be the airbag ecu/module gone bad.
The car may have had a light bang and triggered a crash sensor but not enough to deploy the airbags.

This is driving me insane now. 4 garages and 4 people later and over £100 down lights still on.

One garage said ECU is knackered,. One garage said a load of bollocks I can reset it bring it up, phone call ten minutes later ahh mate somebody as fitted a new airbag ECU and it's not programmed and it's knackered I can't do nothing with that. As the codes says ECU security code not programmed

All garages have said take it to vauxhall looking at £700 plus they reckon.

Had mates plug it in and they think the same airbag ECU

But looking on Corsa d forums they say if the airbag ECU is broke and is asking for security codes that aren't programmed the whol car wouldn't start

Baffled. Need the car asap for my missus new job too.

Wounded

This is driving me insane now. 4 garages and 4 people later and over £100 down lights still on.

One garage said ECU is knackered,. One garage said a load of bollocks I can reset it bring it up, phone call ten minutes later ahh mate somebody as fitted a new airbag ECU and it's not programmed and it's knackered I can't do nothing with that. As the codes says ECU security code not programmed

All garages have said take it to vauxhall looking at £700 plus they reckon.

Had mates plug it in and they think the same airbag ECU

But looking on Corsa d forums they say if the airbag ECU is broke and is asking for security codes that aren't programmed the whol car wouldn't start

Baffled. Need the car asap for my missus new job too.

Wounded
Hi, might no be much help but I had an issue last year with my vauxhall insignia where the airbag light, traction control and parking brake lights were on, possibly more. Had a lot of no communication errors when plugged into machine. Turned out the airbag ECU was gone and had to purchase a new one. Did try to source a 2nd hand 1 to save costs on eBay etc but problem is if breakers haven't unpaired/cleared ECU before removing then won't work with your vehicle which no seller does. Ended up paying £180 or so from dealers and then paid around £40 from a person locally to program it for me who has the vauxhall stuff. Been fine ever since. Dealers and other garages wanted £120+ for the programming alone lol

Hi, might no be much help but I had an issue last year with my vauxhall insignia where the airbag light, traction control and parking brake lights were on, possibly more. Had a lot of no communication errors when plugged into machine. Turned out the airbag ECU was gone and had to purchase a new one. Did try to source a 2nd hand 1 to save costs on eBay etc but problem is if breakers haven't unpaired/cleared ECU before removing then won't work with your vehicle which no seller does. Ended up paying £180 or so from dealers and then paid around £40 from a person locally to program it for me who has the vauxhall stuff. Been fine ever since. Dealers and other garages wanted £120+ for the programming alone lol
Yes my mate said try a new airbag ECU. But looking on the Corsa d forums I need a code for installing new parts and that I ain't got. It's such a nightmare

I'm getting the can bus errors and security code not programmed.

There is a person on eBay clearing crash data and resetting air bag ECUs but don't fancy doing that and then it needs the security code to reinstall it

Yes my mate said try a new airbag ECU. But looking on the Corsa d forums I need a code for installing new parts and that I ain't got. It's such a nightmare
Ah yes forgot you need that security code. It's usually with the manual packs on a piece of card if you received it with car. Otherwise vauxhall can get you a new one for around £30. If you know anybody locally with the vauxhall software they can also retrieve it for you. Usually charge around £20 or at least that was the rate last year. Luckily I had mine with the car pack.

Gonna ask around. Everyone as stated they can fix it. But never do.

One tried to frig it with resistors etc the light was flashing off and on. But it's solid back on so resistors come back off.

Garages are the worst £45 everytime they plug in it.

Yes garages are always a rip off especially if they only run a scan and don't even fix the fault. That's why it comes in handy if you have a mechanic friend or know someone who has the softwares.

You did mention 1 of the codes said was security code error which makes me think either someone has fitted a 2nd airbag ECU or they've fitted a new 1 but not done the programming. If it's the later then makes your job bit easier as you just need to then find someone to program the new one to car. They can usually retrieve your security code for you aswel. Try and find someone locally if you can rather than going dealers as you will save a lot of money. Found my guy on eBay and he was based around Derby area. Hopefully you get this issue sorted soon mate. Electric faults are always the worst to pin point.

Can't see why you're bothered about it.
It either works or it doesn't, if it doesn't, it's no different from all cars from about 15 years ago.
Put a piece of black insulation tape over the light and job done.
It's not affecting the operation of the vehicle

Can't see why you're bothered about it.
It either works or it doesn't, if it doesn't, it's no different from all cars from about 15 years ago.
Put a piece of black insulation tape over the light and job done.
It's not affecting the operation of the vehicle
Because it won't pass a mot

My local garage is good like that. But even he said I won't pass this as the airbag module is knackered.

Even said I would of bodged it for you if it was just a airbag. But it's the ECU

Back