Satellite Couple of Channel's EPG missing

Limbo

Hopefully, I'm in the correct "thread" here.... ZGemma H7S box running OpenVix 6.0-006. Everything is working fine with the exception of a few channels (CNN HD, CNBC HD, or Euronews) that have no content in the EPG rows. I can receive the streams fine.
Now, I tried the CNN SD in the EPG, the stream works, but it does not populate the EPG either. But, when I tried the CNBC SD station in the EPG, the stream works, and it populates fine! I'm not too worried about the Euronews channel, but it'd be a bonus if I can get that going. Appreciate any ideas. Thx!

You have not said how you are obtaining the EPG data or what settings you have enabled. Can you please provide these?

Hopefully, I'm in the correct "thread" here.... ZGemma H7S box running OpenVix 6.0-006. Everything is working fine with the exception of a few channels (CNN HD, CNBC HD, or Euronews) that have no content in the EPG rows. I can receive the streams fine.
Now, I tried the CNN SD in the EPG, the stream works, but it does not populate the EPG either. But, when I tried the CNBC SD station in the EPG, the stream works, and it populates fine! I'm not too worried about the Euronews channel, but it'd be a bonus if I can get that going. Appreciate any ideas. Thx!
By streams I assume you mean IPTV streams?
Your provider is supposed to provide the EPG, what has he said about missing EPG data?

By streams I assume you mean IPTV streams?
Your provider is supposed to provide the EPG, what has he said about missing EPG data?
Sorry, probably wrong terminology. I should have mentioned that the CNN HD, CNBC HD and Euronews streams (stations) are coming in from my satellite dish. And just to clarify, there are other streams (stations) coming from the same "BSkyB" list, that do fully populate the EPG. Please see attached screen-shot

Attachments

• CNN Screen shot.jpg
    CNN Screen shot.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 11
Sorry, probably wrong terminology. I should have mentioned that the CNN HD, CNBC HD and Euronews streams (stations) are coming in from my satellite dish. And just to clarify, there are other streams (stations) coming from the same "BSkyB" list, that do fully populate the EPG. Please see attached screen-shot
In that case you'll have to follow @Abu Baniaz advice above and explain how you get your EPG and what settings you have in place

I don't know about the others but epgimporter never used to bring in the epg for euronews for me. Just zapping to the channel will pull the data in.
I use the ViX OpenTV EPG Downloader now and all is good.

You have not said how you are obtaining the EPG data or what settings you have enabled. Can you please provide these?
Thanks for your response
As a complete newbie, I'm not sure how I can find out how I'm obtaining my EPG data ....
I just ENABLED the OpenTV EPG downloader -
Enable OpenTV download = Yes;
Provider = Astra 28.2;
Update interval = 6;
Show in extensions = Yes;
Show notifications = No

Those settings should be fine now. Please disable Freesat EPG reader in the EPG menu.

If you were using EPG Importer, please disable it.

By the way, Vix is on 6.2 011 now, should you wish to be on newer image.

You may wish to disable Overscan on your TV. This will resolve tops and bottoms being chopped off. Also, you are navigating channels in Provider mode, best to change bouquets.

Those settings should be fine now. Please disable Freesat EPG reader in the EPG menu.

If you were using EPG Importer, please disable it.

By the way, Vix is on 6.2 011 now, should you wish to be on newer image.
Thanks Abu - I just disabled Freesat EPG, and EPG importer. Now I suspect I'll have to wait on OpenTV download's Update interval (6) and see if it's resolved

Thanks Abu - I just disabled Freesat EPG, and EPG importer. Now I suspect I'll have to wait on OpenTV download's Update interval (6) and see if it's resolved
There should be an option to force a download on the blue button extension menu.
I don't see it .... When I'm in the "Enable OpenTV download menu (as above):
Enable OpenTV download = Yes;
Provider = Astra 28.2;
Update interval = 6;
Show in extensions = Yes;
Show notifications = No

I just see a "Cancel" and "Save" option only. The "Menu" button appears when I highlight the Provider" and the "Update Interval" rows, but I don't see any option to force a download. The Remote's Blue button does not have an affect on any of those functions.

You have 'show in extensions' enabled.

Exit out of all menus to just the TV screen.
Press the blue button and the extension menu will pop up.

You have 'show in extensions' enabled.

Exit out of all menus to just the TV screen.
Press the blue button and the extension menu will pop up.
Willo3092 - When I press the Blue key, I get the "Please choose an Extension" screen, where I have:
1- EPG-Importer (where I can press OK/and Manually force an EPG refresh ....
"Importing: UK/Ireland - Freesat (xz)
"Importing: UK/Ireland - FTA (xz) ....
"Importing: UK/Ireland - International (xz) ....
"Importing: UK/Ireland - Sky 1 (Live on sat) (xz) ....
"Importing: UK/Ireland - Sky 2 (Dead on sat) (xz) ....
"Importing: UK/Ireland - Sports/Movies (xz) ....

Then it gives me a total number of 82015 events

When I hit the Blue button on the Remote, it brings up a list of Sources, but the only ones checked are in the Rytec UK/Virgin XMLTV sub-list - those are the ones that I've listed above.
I have the CNN HD station (the one with little or no EPG data) coming from the BSkyB service, but even when I run it from the "Sky ROI HD Channels" bouquet, the EPG data doesn't fully populate like other stations.

Maybe it doesn't show in the extensions menu on old versions of vix?
Did you restart the box after enabling the option?

Maybe it doesn't show in the extensions menu on old versions of vix?
Did you restart the box after enabling the option?
Well holy ---- ! I rebooted the box, when it came back, I hit the Blue button, and low & behold, the "OpenTV EPG forced download" appeared as my new #4 item in the Extensions menu. I selected that #4, and it immediately returned back to a soccer station that I was previously viewing. But even better still, my CNN HD station EPG is now fully populated!

Fair play to you and the other responders - and many thanks!

Back