Current set up for time shift/recordings etc

dangerous

TK Veteran
Hi guys

Just wondering how you guys are running your setup?

Im currently using a Philips 32GB usb 2 flashdrive in the back of the box for for recordings/EPG/Swapfile/Timeshift. I'm experiencing a few problems using timeshift for example if i pause the start of a program for say 5 mins then press play every 5 or 10 minutes i get a small freeze or the recording speeds up for a few seconds.
Last night i paused the start of a program for 10 minutes then proceeded to watch it but the freezing, speeding up and complete chucks of the program going missing is now starting to wind me up. I'm looking for a better setup if possible so could anyone throw some suggestions at me. Would i be better off using a SD card to put say the swap file/EPG/timeshift on and use a USB flash drive for any recordings? This box is for my bedroom so i don't need big recording drives.

Things i've tried and current image:
Using the lastest Openatv image on H2S and openvix on Mutant 500C
Tried 2 different flash drives
Tried the same setup on a Mutant 500C box as well, and having the same problems so i'm sure its something to do with the flashdrives
My Mutant 2400HD works flawlessly with a integral hard drive (main box)
Current settings are replicated on all three boxes and its just the H2S and the Mutant 500C i have problems with
I've done the usual format/convert ext3 to 4, swapfile etc, many times, HDD guru, full windows formatt, etc etc.
Any comments welcomed:):):):)

I've got an Xtrend with an hdd now and expected that to stop since the Gemma but still happens occasionally. One of the guru's on here put it down to the Linux compression software(maybe ATV diff?) so just tough think?!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

I've tried both ATV and VIX.
I suppose you get what you pay for. I'll have to buy another mutant 2400HD and tell the Mrs is was £49 [emoji23][emoji23]

Ha ha been there done that. My Xtrend was 200 quid though lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Back