Data Recovery For External Hard Drive

hi does anyone know a program for data recovery for a external hard drive, the wire came out and all it is saying is format it, and if i do it will loose everything on there. thanks

Moved your post to its own thread so you might get more answers.

What wire came out? The one that connects the external to the PC/Laptop?

hi does anyone know a program for data recovery for a external hard drive, the wire came out and all it is saying is format it, and if i do it will loose everything on there. thanks
Can you explain in a little more detail please??
Have you tried plugging in the USB to another socket to see if you get the same or even on another computer? Do you get a choice? have you tried shutting down pc and restarting to see if you get same message.
It may not be your hard drive that has lost data, could just be the pc is a little confused.

hi it is freecom external drive that just says when you pug it in, format to use, but it has got data on it, and you can get a data recovery program to extract the data, i have have got a program of google and it has recovered most of my data, about 75% so thanks to all reply's as i have got it sorted now and will recovery all my data soon. thanks again

Back