De La Hoya enters rehab, says report

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boxing legend turned promoter Oscar De La Hoya has entered a Californian rehabilitation clinic for unspecified treatment, TMZ reported on Saturday.

380.jpg

The American entertainment show TMZ said the 38-year-old De La Hoya went into the clinic some time within the past few weeks.

De La Hoya told TMZ he wants privacy while he deals with his flaws.

"After doing an honest evaluation of myself, I recognize that there are certain issues that I need to work on. Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws," De La Hoya told TMZ.

"Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person.

"I ask for respect and privacy as my family and I go through this process." Former six-division champion De La Hoya had a career record of 39-6. He lost to Filipino Manny Pacquiao in December 2008 and retired soon after, setting up Los Angeles-based boxing firm Golden Boy Promotions.

Back