Other Dead GT v8uhd fix

digidood

TK Supporter
Came home to it not working. Quick test and the power supply is gone. Had another lying around. Official supply is 12v 1.5a. The one I had was a 12v .3a. Still worked and it booted up. Putting the info out there for others. Had a 12v 2a but was scared in case it knackered it.

Use the 2a plug, else that plug will overheat. You just need to make the voltage is the same, higher amps are better.

Cheers. I’ve just read up more on this. Your right and using a lower amped power supply is not a good thing. Cheers.

Again. Thanks. All good. Every day is a school day. I suspect the supplies that come with it aren’t that good.

Just noticed that the box is getting a low power feed even with the supply unplugged. It’s coming from the hdmi which is plugged into a hdmi switch. Unplugged the hdmi and the box is fine. Hopefully this is just something I never noticed before with the box supply being on constantly. Pretty sure wasn’t happening when I noticed the box wasn’t on when I got in tonight. Who knows.

Back