Decent 4G Router?

36red

Fellas, my broadband moves as quick as celtics strikers so I'm needing another option.
Been told 4g router is the way to go with an unlimited data sim so any advice what works and what doesnt?
Ta

I have a TP-Link something or other
speeds can vary a lot
anything from 3 or 4 meg to in excess of 55meg , tested using an external antenna
check what sort of speeds you can get using a phone first would be my advice

I have a mobile phone with a vodafone sim and tried a speed test outside the other day afternoon at got 30mbs which I know most people will laugh at but my top speed adsl2 is like 9mbs so its a massive up for me. Have heard about Huawei and Tp Link 4g routers but not sure what will be best at a good price too.
Thanks for your help.

I have a mobile phone with a vodafone sim and tried a speed test outside the other day afternoon at got 30mbs which I know most people will laugh at but my top speed adsl2 is like 9mbs so its a massive up for me. Have heard about Huawei and Tp Link 4g routers but not sure what will be best at a good price too.
Thanks for your help.
I used to get about 12meg home BB
That's why I looked at 4g
I got good 4g speeds, but very erratic at different times of the day, and on various days,
In the end I got lucky and they started installing fibre across the poles in my area,
So now I have 74meg fibre getting around 66meg down and 20meg up , just got it installed on Monday.

On 4g off my phone I can get speeds from 40mbps to around 60-70mbps tested on huawei p30 pro.
the Huawei routers are supposed to be decent but from what I've read ee has the best 4g routers available

As @pupuqiop has highlighted good deals at 3.
Ive just got Huawei MIFI for my work office 40GB a month for £20pm on 24 month deal.
A lot cheaper than having BB fitted

It all depends on what time of day i can get 40mbps then at 6-7 evenings i could get 1.5 mbps on mobile

That's the good thing about this deal being 30 days, a range of days/times of day to test it at then if it's not sufficient speed when you need it to be you've got a mifi router to try other networks.

I used to get about 12meg home BB
That's why I looked at 4g
I got good 4g speeds, but very erratic at different times of the day, and on various days,
In the end I got lucky and they started installing fibre across the poles in my area,
So now I have 74meg fibre getting around 66meg down and 20meg up , just got it installed on Monday.
I have contacted Openreach and they tell me they have no plans to install fibre where I live :cry:

Have had a quick peek into this community broadband set up but from what I have read the costs are in 6 figures so that's a no go.
Will get a 4g router a Huawei one and try out the Smarty 30 day unlimited sim on 3 to see if its same speed as Vodafone and then choose between them what sim to saty with.

Back