Decent OTG cable

finchi10

Afternoon all.
Can anyone recommend a decent OTG cable for use with a FireStick and an Ethernet adapter?

I have Ethernet connected to my FireStick but the OTG cable I have to use a USB as extra storage doesn’t have the capacity to pass through the Ethernet connection.

It seems I can either have the Ethernet connection recognised or the USB recognised by the FireStick depending on which one is connected to the FireStick itself.

Ideally I’d like both to work as part of the chain. Let me know if you have a similar set-up and if so, what cable I should be using because mine isn’t up to the job.

Many thanks.

I couldn't get it to work either it kept freezing and ethernet wouldnt work with the 4k firestick I bought a fire tv cube and it works brilliant I have a u green USB hub with ethernet with a 128gb flash drive connected

Thanks. I’ve got a UGreen hub on order - did that setup not work with the FireStick then? If not sounds as if I need to get a cube instead.
No it wouldn't work with the firestick but worked first time with the cube. I just felt it wasn't getting enough power to it I had given up I bought a cube and thought I'll try it with that and works great

Great thanks. Have also ordered a 5V power cable to give the USB hub a bit more power but if that doesn't work then I'll look to getting a cube instead.
Thanks again.

Great thanks. Have also ordered a 5V power cable to give the USB hub a bit more power but if that doesn't work then I'll look to getting a cube instead.
Thanks again.
by using the Y adaptor you retain use of the amazon mains adaptor for power supply,

new.jpg
Would these adapters work like this? My firestick is behind the tv on the wall, Then the power cable is 2m running through cable trunking along with the power cable for the tv to the plug socket,saveing trying to put an ethernet cable in the trunking also because there is not enough room for it if i was to use a proper adapter for the firestick.

No it wouldn't work with the firestick but worked first time with the cube. I just felt it wasn't getting enough power to it I had given up I bought a cube and thought I'll try it with that and works great
Thanks for your advice. Have got a Fire Cube now, a UGreen USB/Ethernet and an OTG cable. Tried a few recordings on Whirlwind but most have failed. Are there any settings I need to be changing? VLC as a player etc.

Back