Decorah Eagle Nest Cam 2019

Mother of God Ally, why aren't you keeping this up to date?? I have a reason, I was on holiday.

So they have both been "branching" - which basically means climbing around the branches, they then started fledging which is short flights(jumps with wings extended) back from branches to nest proper.
So I tuned in this evening to see there is only one Eaglet left in the nest, I start going through the chat feed beside the stream and when I come back the second is gone.
The first apparently looked like it could have been on purpose and may not be good enough at flying to get back, but the parents go off and feed it regularly until it can fly back.
The second, however, I have just replayed, and it looked more like a fall, and there was a noise like the bird hitting something on the way down.
I had just taken a couple of screenshots of the bird in the tree, then stretching his wings.
Fingers crossed everybody.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Sorry i am getting
Error establishing a database connection
any help with this.Or is this my own Computer thank you woody6222 for letting me know(y)

Site is down periodically, there was an announcement around 1.00pm that searchers had found the young one demented by gnats and fleas. I am not on face book but there is a page on there with latest news

Update on Decorah Eagles D32 & D33

It's been a pretty frantic 24 hours anxiously awaiting news in the search for D32 who flew off the Skywalk branch about 6:03PM CT last evening, and even more stressful when sibling D33 fell off the Skywalk in nearly the same place about 2:39PM CT this afternoon.

The search team headed out early this morning led by RRP Board Director and eagle biologist Brett Mandernack and wildlife assistant Ryan Schmitz. Both quickly got to work and searched a boxed area from the bridge to about 0.5 miles upstream past the nest and were unable to locate D32 or even get a vocalization. They also watched Both Mom and DM2 carefully, looking for clues in flight paths hoping one of the parents would lead them to a spot where they might have been caring for D32. There was no luck on locating the eaglet, but RRP is putting plans in place to continue on with a search again tomorrow and will monitor the parents travels more closely.

D33 had been exploring the Skywalk branch since yesterday, not branching yet, but carefully and skillfully had walked up to perch and look about, and ventured a bit further with each exploration and both DM2 and Mom kept the eaglet company perched nearby or in the nest. This afternoon D33 climbed up to about the same spot as D32 had when she/he lost its footing and fell. Within about 15 minutes RRP was notified by Iowa DNR that D33 was located, retrieved, and was taken to the Decorah Fish Hatchery for a visual inspection. It was determined that she/he was a bit underweight, but no other obvious injuries were noted. It was decided to transport the eaglet to S.O.A.R. (Saving Our Avian Resources) where D33 would be under skilled veterinary and rehab care to be evaluated and stabilized. We will have no further information about D33's condition until such time that the veterinary exam is completed, and RRP will provide that information as soon as it is known.

We very much appreciate the many caring comments we have received on our Facebook page and will continue to update you on both D32 and D33 as soon as we know anything. For some of you, the wait has been excruciating (and for us too), but we respect that our incredible search team has put all its efforts into the painstaking process of gently moving in slow cautious steps in the dense and tall underbrush rather than stop every so often for a progress report … which had pretty much been no sighting all day.

We know that the gnats and black flies are worrisome to everyone and we cannot begin to answer if that may have been the impetus to any fledge, flight, or fall, and we ask you to please wait until we have more information after D33's evaluation ... otherwise, we would only be speculating … something that we don't like to do as a research site.

Lastly, we would like to thank you for your patience as we troubleshoot and try to stabilize our website and chat spaces. It is a priority for us to have those up and working as soon as possible, and we greatly appreciate your understanding and support. While we wait to resolve both eagle and technology issues we ask you to continue to be patient with each other, with us, and let's please all keep talons crossed for our beloved Decorah Eagle family and successful outcomes.

Thanks again
woody6222
i did not know anything about this.I do not do Facebook only site i do is Techkings.Thankx again
woody6222 for help(y)

LifeMedia

2 hours ago

UPDATE FROM THE RAPTOR RESOURCE PROJECT 14 HOURS AGO: D33 had been exploring the Skywalk branch since yesterday, not branching yet, but carefully and skillfully had walked up to perch and look about, and ventured a bit further with each exploration and both DM2 and Mom kept the eaglet company perched nearby or in the nest. This afternoon D33 climbed up to about the same spot as D32 had when she/he lost its footing and fell. Within about 15 minutes RRP was notified by Iowa DNR that D33 was located, retrieved, and was taken to the Decorah Fish Hatchery for a visual inspection. It was determined that she/he was a bit underweight, but no other obvious injuries were noted. It was decided to transport the eaglet to S.O.A.R. (Saving Our Avian Resources) where D33 would be under skilled veterinary and rehab care to be evaluated and stabilized. We will have no further information about D33's condition until such time that the veterinary exam is completed, and RRP will provide that information as soon as it is known.

Lastest news found :-
Raptor Resource Project
4 hrs ·
Update: Decorah Hatchery Nest eaglet D32
D32 was located yesterday evening in Trout Run Creek by a couple of local residents. The eagle was located tucked in along a bank downstream from the Decorah Hatchery nest. It was in rough shape, and the residents informed the DNR Hatchery personnel, who then retrieved it from the creek, and placed him/her in a “turkey box”, shown in the picture attached here. The hatchery staff notified RRP, and we quickly set a plan in motion to get D32 the care it needed. Our Bald Eagle expert and board member Brett Mandernack, and our Vice President Laura Johnson, a veterinarian doctor specializing in raptor care, were consulted quickly, and a plan was enacted to get D32 to Laura, about an hour away, for immediate assessment and care.
Once transferred to Laura, D32 was found to be weak, a bit hypothermic, underweight, and showed signs of anemia with many black fly bites. Laura administered fluids and electrolytes upon arrival and repeated the treatments overnight. This morning, Laura was able to get D32 to eat some venison dipped in electrolytes and will continue to try to feed D32 every few hours.
Laura will continue to monitor and care for D32 while we await further updates. When we have new information, we will share that with you, but please understand that the care of the eagles comes first and we may not have continuous updates.
We would like to thank the local residents who found D32 and acted quickly to get help, everyone at RRP working nonstop to search for, capture, transport and help the eagles in every way possible, and BIG THANKS to the Decorah Chuck Gipp Fish Hatchery staff and management for their continued support of our recent bald eagle monitoring and recovery efforts and the wildlife surrounding them.
Image may contain: bird

~ D32 update ~

13 June 2019 - Kay assisted Drs. Riordan and Struve with surgery to straighten and stabilize D32's right tibiotarsus. The stabilization had to be from the outside (external) as both veterinarians agreed that there was no way to attach anything to the tiny piece of bone next to the joint. D32 did have an open owie near the break and a very tiny corner of bone was exposed. The leg was not stinky or pussy. The owie (boo-boo, cut, I don't know I didn't see it) was cleaned, the bone straightened... then covered with an antibiotic pad and the leg "casted" in such a way to stabilize the bone but not be so tight as to reduce circulation to the toes. D32 will be in this cast for four weeks, then an x-ray check to determine if the two pieces of bone are forming a good union. All the veterinarians consulted on this think this is a long-shot, but a long-shot they were willing to take.

Now D32 needs to be kept calm, comfortable, and provided with cut-up food as standing on food to rip and tear is not something s/he needs to be doing now.

Now we wait.

Remember that patients listed on the website patient page will often get updates before Facebook. Patients – Raptor rehabilitation, education, and research

FB_IMG_1560555649436.jpg

Thanks from RRP Director John Howe and our Board of Directors!

It’s time to reflect on the past several weeks and the series of events that happened after our eaglets left their nests early. Now that all three eaglets have been found and are getting the care they need, we wanted to thank the people who generously donated their time and effort to make the rescue of D32, D33, and DN9 possible.

We’d like to start with a big “Thank you!” to followers and fans for the support, assistance, and positive energy that kept volunteers going during a very stressful and critical time. To the rescue team – we can’t thank you enough for generously donating your time and effort to make the rescue of all three eaglets possible. Without your help coordinating activities, watching, searching, recovering, and providing transportation, the eaglets would never have gotten where they needed to go. And we want to give a very special thanks to William Hahn and Andrew Olson, the young Decorah fisherman who found D32 while walking and fishing the creek, and to Garin Minser, the Iowa State student who helped William and Andrew get D32 to the hatchery. In addition to William, Andrew, and Garin, the rescue and care teams included:

Brian Malaise, Natural Resource Biologist and Manager at the Decorah Fish Hatchery
- Searched for and helped rescue D32 and D33
- Transported D33, DN9, and D32
Brett Mandernack, Eagle Valley biologist and RRP Board member
- Searched for D32
Bryce McCarthy, seasonal Hatchery staff
- Searched for D32 and helped rescue D33
Caleb Chyle, volunteer
- Searched for D32
Chris Larson, Hatchery Technician
- Searched for and helped rescue D33
Craig Chyle, volunteer
- Searched for D32 and D33 and helped rescue D33
David and Ann Lynch, RRP Board member and wife
- Coordinated rescue and transportation efforts for all three eaglets
Dave Kester, RRP Master Bander and Board member
- Helped assess D33 and rescued DN9
Evan Lutkengaus, seasonal Hatchery staff
John Dingley, RRP Board member
- Searched for and assessed DN9
Kay Neumann, executive director of Saving Our Avian Resources (SOAR) and SOAR staff and volunteers
- Collectively drove over 1,600 miles to transport the 3 birds to SOAR at separate times
- Currently providing treatment and care to D32, D33, and DN9
Kayden Anderlik, volunteer
Dr. Laura Johnson, DVM and RRP Board member
- Provided emergency care and overnight observation for D32
Nora Hensley
- Helped monitor Mom and DM2's flight paths and searched for D32
Patti Brice (volunteer)
- Helped search for D32 and assisted in the transport of D33, DN9, and D32
Rich Meredith (volunteer)
- Searched for and assessed DN9
Robin Brumm (volunteer)
- Helped monitor Mom and DM2's flight paths and searched for D32
Ryan Schmitz, biologist and colleague of Brett Mandernack at Eagle Valley
- Searched for D32
Camera Operators
- Helped us keep up with events at both sites
Moderators
- Our chat and Facebook moderators went above and beyond to respond to an outpouring of questions, worries, love, and grief. Our social platforms were overwhelmed – literally! – by people who were concerned about the eagles. Our moderators did a wonderful job responding to them.

If you’d like to learn more about, connect with, or make a donation to any of the groups involved in the rescue of D32, D33, and DN9, please follow these links:

SOAR:
Facebook: SOAR - Saving Our Avian Resources
Donate to SOAR: Support SOAR – Raptor rehabilitation, education, and research

Friends of the Decorah Fish Hatchery:
Facebook: Friends of the Decorah Fish Hatchery
Donate to Friends of the Fish Hatchery: Donate

The Raptor Resource Project
Website: Raptor Resource Project - Raptor conservation, education, and research
Facebook: Raptor Resource Project
Donate to RRP: Make a Donation - Raptor Resource Project
Robert Anderson Memorial Scholarship (in honor of the young people who helped in the rescue):
CFNEIA - Robert Anderson Memorial Scholarship Fund

FB_IMG_1561098663925.jpg

Thanks Weelo great update,I will keep watching on our site.Will they be back at some time on the nest,Thank you again for keeping us updated(y)(y)(y)

I think at this stage, it is highly unlikely, the adults may frequent it from time to time, It may just be a case of waiting until next year.

Back