Dedicated IP

Hey all!
Does anybody know the use cases of Dedicated IPs?
I wanted to have one for remotely access my Office software,
Does it help me with gaming purposes too? or is it a vague ask in here?

IMHO, dedicated IP addresses are somewhat over-rated and largely unnecessary for a typical home installation.
For remote access without the need to concern yourself about IP addresses why not just use a DDNS service. There are plenty of free of charge ones about as well as enhanced managed services which you can pay for if you want more complicated and detailed features. (just search for say "free ddns service" and follow some of the links).
Finally, irrespective of whether you use a DDNS service, or have a static IP address, you will need to open up and direct specific public facing ports on your router which means that you will be exposing elements of your LAN to the outside world, so think about what you are doing and the potential implications and weigh that against the perceived convenience and functionality that you might expect to gain.
tinfoilhat.gif

IMHO, dedicated IP addresses are somewhat over-rated and largely unnecessary for a typical home installation.
For remote access without the need to concern yourself about IP addresses why not just use a DDNS service. There are plenty of free of charge ones about as well as enhanced managed services which you can pay for if you want more complicated and detailed features. (just search for say "free ddns service" and follow some of the links).
Finally, irrespective of whether you use a DDNS service, or have a static IP address, you will need to open up and direct specific public facing ports on your router which means that you will be exposing elements of your LAN to the outside world, so think about what you are doing and the potential implications and weigh that against the perceived convenience and functionality that you might expect to gain.
tinfoilhat.gif
Any supporting ideas? or readings related to this? because I don't have such knowledge on that thing particularly,

Back