Dent (ping) on new dish

jazz

Just had a new sky dish, sent through the post. There is a small dent in the dish caused by poor packaging and the bracket caused the dent. The dent is about 1-2mm deep more of a ping. Should I return the dish? Took a picture but the dent doesn't really show up on the pic.

damageq.jpg

I wouldn't imagine such a small dent would cause it to malfunction, I have seen some well battered and even rusted dishes still in use, but for me, if something is supposed to arrive in perfect condition, then it should - end of story.(y)

I can notice it quite easy.
If you get problems receiving anything at some point then that will be one of the first things you will think is causing the problem.

Done a bit of googling and there are reports that small dents in the centre of the dish can cause problems. Because of this I am going to try to get a replacement.

Functionality will not be affected in any way but the cosmetic blemish is more of a psychological one? You received a brand new item & it was damaged? Something like that could annoy you to the point of paranoia? so for peace of mind request a replacement ;)

small dents in the centre of the dish can cause problems.

It's not in the centre of the dish....... up to you, it will not effect the signal quality but if you want to replace it go ahead.

Back