Dentist's are they a rip off..

What annoys me with crowns/fillings is that my dentist is blatant in basically saying "I can do NHS and make it look shit but for a grand I will make it look good"

When asked how much longer it would take privately was told no extra time. Then asked him what extra costs there are for materials he just smiled .

So basically and extra 950 quid for him

I think its fair to say the dentist is using better materials for private work, materials which the NHS have not appointed for use.
It wouldn't surprise me to hear that cost of private materials to be half of that of the NHS materials.

The dentists are all qualified and highly skilled as good as if not better than those in the UK, it's just the pricing that differs.
I wasn't questioning the ability or skills of foreign dentists, just that if the patient had a medical complication relating to the work afterwards which does happen here in the U too.
Anyway, I don't know anyone who has went abroad for dental work.

I started the thread, but whilst NHS provided an adequate service, whilst in U.A.E I had to have
They are no better in Germany.. i paid 1400€ for a crown that fell out 3 times in 3 weeks.. he then said i´ll have to change it.. cost was another 700€ so i told him to lump it..
I have just been to the dentist earlier this morning I used a different practice, due to covid.
Scale, & polish check up £40.00.
When I go back to India, will start implant treatment for rear tooth. £450. Cheaper than £1,900 .

Scale and polish...do they actually polish any more?

I mean the last two times I have been theres been scaling but its not like it use to be where they then spent a fair amount of time polishing

I dont know about poland but i know quite a few people who have gone over to turkey for dental treatment. People with bad teeth, or just lake of calcium or whatever that means you just have tinny teeth. People have gone over there had full permanent dentures top and bottom for fraction of the price. No issues for past few years at least. Get your smile back

Goa is another option.

Standards are as good , if not better than the uk.

prices are roughly 1/3.

my missus went for a consultation with one of the guys on the indian dentists council. he offered to email what he proposed to her dentist back in the uk. she spoke to her dentist when we got back and he agreed that what was proposed was first class but that it would not be possible in th uk as we do not posess the skills nor the technology to do it.

I think there are restrictions as to what can and cannot be done here. For example, when having tooth implants, from my understanding, other countries will implant the tooth further into your gum than dentists are allowed to in the UK.

Back