Digibit Vpn Setup - Zgemma (Vix)

Ozzo76

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering my supplier is forever telling me I need a vpn, as come the weekend trying to watch the footy on XTream all I get is access denied, so I've bought a vpn with digibit.

Now can anyone help me out with how I go about setting up my vpn on my box?

any help would be greatly appreciated,

cheers
Ozzo

you shouldn't need a vpn, and my bet is that when you get it installed it won't make any difference

what you should have done is take a few different tests while live prem footy was showing, then you'd have found a supplier who wasn't going to fob you off with excuses

i've been using the same supplier for years, back when the old sly way worked so only natural when he was doing iptv i went with him, so your telling me he's fobbing me off.... NOT Good!!! the vpn i can use on other devices but i bought it mainly for my zgemma box & iptv to watch the footy but that'll be a waste of time i'll give it a go anyway & if it still doesn't work i'll be tellingmy supplier not that he'll give a rats ass..

cheers bud.

@pabloescaban

Most IPTV providers are having issues with EPL streams being blocked. Having a VPN DOES make a difference. I've had trials with 6 or 7 of the big providers and I think only 1 or 2 of them have managed to completely solve this issue.

Problem being is I have 4 connections and it would be massively more expensive to use this provider so I use one of the others and a VPN when the games are on.

With regards Digibit, I can't help you as I'm having trouble with it myself. I've got it working on Windows and Android and it's great (especially for the price!) - I am currently using Ipvanish on my zgemma though until I can sort it.

@Ozzo76 If you ask Digibit for the files to setup the VPN I've managed to sort it although it seems sluggish on zgemma compared to other devices.

You need to pick one of the opvn files from the folder. Then copy that and the .crt file into etc\enigma2\openvpn on your zgemma. If the fodler's not there you need to create it.
Then if you create a text file called login.txt and put your username and password in this textfile on separate lines, then put that in the same folder.
Then edit the opvn file in notepad and add " login.txt" to the line afterauth-user-pass and save and then rename to Client.conf

Then to start
Menu>Setup>System>Network>Openvpn and green button to run

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a vpn router, that to me seems the simplest way to use vpn, i can run my zgemma through the vpn router, and then i can use the vermin hub to run my pc through it, so i have to networks running, and i can pick a choose what i want to run through each router...???

I think that may be the way forward, I have now tried 3 different VPN providers on my zgemma and speed is reduced massively with each. If I run the same VPN and the same server on a different device it hardly drops.

Doing my head in as I seem to be the only person that's experiencing this, I've reflashed and still the same.

Got some old routers at work, I might have to acquire one.

Not gonna spend any money as I can watch footy on either raspberry pi, or android box with VPN running on them without issues. Just annoying that I get buffering on zgemma because the speed drops so much

Cheers for the replies Gents @jclappi i logged a ticket with digibit & they said their certs work with Openvpn, which as of last night i got working on my Raspberry Pi2 now for my Zgemma which i am using Vix when i select Openvpn it doesn't do anything think i need to get my hands on the OpenVpn ipk download to reinstall it on my box then have a go at setting it up. so if you know any links to where i can get the download let me know.

cheers.

@jclappi I tried what you suggested a few replies up.

I copied the .crt file & one of the opvn files into etc\enigma2\openvpn on my zgemma box, created a text file called login.txt and put my username and password in this textfile on separate lines, then put that in the same folder.
Then edit the opvn file in notepad and add " login.txt" to the line after auth-user-pass and saved and then rename to Client.conf

Then to start
Menu>Setup>System>Network>Openvpn and green button to run but it doesn't do anything just stays stopped.

Anything else I need to do mate?

Cheers
Ozzo

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry my bad!

You need to put the files in etc/openvpn not in the enigma2 folder. (Think I was messing with the bouquets that day and they're in that folder)

If you add this as a last line to the Client.conf as well

log etc/openvpn/digibit.log

Then if it still doesn't work it'll create a log so we might be able to figure out why

i tried what you suggested, i moved the folder with the files to etc/openvpn i also added the log line, but service still won't start & no logs are being created.

cheers for all the help & sorry to be a pain, be is there anything else i need to do?

thanks again @jclappi

My Client.conf file looks like below.

Then in etc/openvpn I have this file, a file called login.txt and the certificate (.crt file)...and also a log file which is created when I run it
upload_2017-9-28_11-38-40.png

Cheers mate i'll try that & i'll let you know how it goes.

in my Client.conf file i have login.txt on a new line below auth-user-pass

appreciate all the help mate.

@jclappi cheers mate for all your help, that worked for me but now I can see what you meant by sluggish.

have you tried any server were you've noticed it works normal? might have to tried a few myself to see which server performs the best when vpn service running.

Thanks Again bud appreciate it.

interesting thread.
I have wooshbuild v7 with the add ons downloaded and vpn is running and the public IP has changed
I logged into my digibit account and under usage it shows 0 kbs up and down. I was expect the account to show that my box has been connected to the vpn and the amount of data it has consumed.
Anyone else able to comment on this?

interesting thread.
I have wooshbuild v7 with the add ons downloaded and vpn is running and the public IP has changed
I logged into my digibit account and under usage it shows 0 kbs up and down. I was expect the account to show that my box has been connected to the vpn and the amount of data it has consumed.
Anyone else able to comment on this?
It depends on what country you select If
you live in England select nearby city This
will keep your internet speed as high as
Possible

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Any help appreciated, I have a digibit username and password and I've set it all up using the add vpn easy plugin, every time I press red to exit the app all the info goes away.
Also my IP address does not change when I click the refresh IP address.

Any help appreciated, I have a digibit username and password and I've set it all up using the add vpn easy plugin, every time I press red to exit the app all the info goes away.
Also my IP address does not change when I click the refresh IP address.
Try uninstalling the app then reinstall add
Your username and password blue to
Save your settings

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hi I’m in a similar position. Have a Digibit service and entered my details using the plug in on whooshbuild but still struggling to stop the block. Is there something else I need to do? Any help greatly appreciated, cheers

Back