Dirt 2

Tamarc

Can anybody tell me if you can use a controller with this game,and does it have to be a microsoft certified one/xbox???i just cannot use keyboard !!

Please find below a list of all supported Controllers and Steering Wheels for the Games for Windows Live version of DiRT 2

PC Games for Windows Live

Keyboard
Keyboard Controls

Control Pads
Official Xbox 360 Controller
Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 USB
Thrustmaster T-Wireless 3 in 1 Rumble Force
Thrustmaster Run’N’Drive Wireless
Thrustmaster Run'N'Drive Wired Rumble Force
Thrustmaster Dual Trigger Rumble Force
Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3

Steering Wheels
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wheel
Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Thrustmaster RGT F/F Pro (with and without Clutch models)
Logitech MOMO Wheel
Logitech Momo Force
Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel (PWT)
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Wheel

Source:
Code:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/dirt-2-game-pc-1313/394874-pc-dirt-2-supported-controllers-steering-wheels.html

Tried to play game with xbox controller,didnt work,wondering if it was because i was using "charge n play" cable,not really wanting to buy wireless connector or wired controller until i know for sure that they will work. Any thoughts ?

from what ive read and seen the charge and play kit will not work but you should be able to get a wireles connector for the wireless controller cheaper than buying a new wired controller. dont forget the drivers too.

Dirt 2 really does live up to its name though, dirt lol
just my opinion though :)

Last edited:
Just to let you know,i picked up a wired xbox controller for £17.79 from gamestation. Works a treat after updating software to run on my system. Win7 HP(64bit)

This just out Tamarc

ToCA released x360ce v2.0.2.76, an Xbox 360 controller emulator (a wrapper library that translates the xinput calls to directinput calls).
"Xbox 360 Controller Emulator" allows your controller (GamePad, Joystick, Wheel, ...) to function like "Xbox 360 Controller" on a Windows PC. For example it allows you to play Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game with Logitech wheel.

Code:
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

If you do manage to try it out let us know if it works :)

Back