Disable In App Purchases prevent huge bills.

NuTTeR

If you plan on giving a child an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad as a gift, you may want to disable in-app purchases to prevent a shocking iTunes bill down the road. Here’s how to do this on all iOS hardware:

• Tap on Settings
  • Tap on General
  • Tap on Restrictions
  • Enter a Restrictions Passcode when asked
  • Tap on “Enable Restrictions”
  • Scroll down and tap “In-App Purchases” so that it is “OFF”
  • Exit Settings

In-App purchases are now disabled, which will prevent someone from racking up a huge iTunes bill when using your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. I would recommend disabling the app purchases in addition to setting an iTunes allowance for kids, the combination of the two is a strong way to control an iTunes bill.

Large in-app purchase bills are not particularly uncommon, and the Apple Discussion Boards have some horror stories of young children inadvertently charging up large bills – in this case, $1500, yikes! Don’t let this happen, set some limitations!

If all else fails, you can also try to get an iPhone app refund from Apple.

photo-5.jpg

I was watching something about this on
The news.Some Kid ran a colossal bill
or something like that on Ipad.His Mam was not too pleased
Good post to let people know about this.Thank’s(y)

I was watching something about this on
The news.Some Kid ran a colossal bill
or something like that on Ipad.His Mam was not too pleased
Good post to let people know about this.Thank’s(y)

Ally that was also down to the paretn for letting them have the password to thie r itunes account and letting them run free with it lol

Must admit even i turned off in app purchases as its so easy to click the button by mistake or be tempted

Back