Disappointed by the Firestick Ethernet adaptor

SM32

Although my firestick is close to the router (1Gb Internet ) - I had my eyes on the ethernet adaptor for quite a long time. Purchased it on Amazon only to find out the max speed is 100Mb - I guess I should have checked the fine print :(

Why do you need a gig port for iptv.? it will make zero difference to quality of iptv. Only possible issue is 4k movies.

I didn't need a gig but as my internet is 1gig, i wasn't expecting 100mb at all lol
You are using the cheapest budget device on the market. There's no shortage of more powerful boxes with gigabit Ethernet ports. It’s common knowledge that the AF stick adaptor is limited to 100m.

It's not about the speeds for the adapter, it's more down to consistency
Having a steady connection without any drops will be a better experience

Ime getting 240 mb on my wireless with fire cube. Also have an adapter, have tried it befor, but it couldn't have been any better. As can't remember we're it is now. Vm 200 bb..... Paul

To be honest bud I doubt he will have big drops he will be on full fibre.
I've gigabit and one day it dropped down to 22 over WiFi but ethernet worked well, it depends on how crowded your channel is in your area. But that was with virgin media's stupid hub, if you have a proper router or mesh I agree

You will never need more that 100mb for streaming and a wired connection should allow better latency, I don't see the problem ?

To be honest bud I doubt he will have big drops he will be on full fibre.

Maybe not big drops in speed, but the nature of wireless vs wired means that even on a massively fast connection wifi can cause issues with IPTV whereas wired (slower) could give a much better experience.

Especially with a lot of the cheap wifi routers that providers use.

Back