Discovery Turbo Missing

skirmish

I hope someone can help me as the wife is nagging me all the time that the Discovery Turbo channel isn't working. She likes her car restoration programmes you see!
We used to get it and I've now loaded the latest AJ list and it's not there. Everything else, that should be there, is but for some reason not Turbo.

I got in touch with my server and he said it should be working fine. Can anyone please advise what may be wrong and also suggest a solution.

Thanks
Dave

I hope someone can help me as the wife is nagging me all the time that the Discovery Turbo channel isn't working. She likes her car restoration programmes you see!
We used to get it and I've now loaded the latest AJ list and it's not there. Everything else, that should be there, is but for some reason not Turbo.

I got in touch with my server and he said it should be working fine. Can anyone please advise what may be wrong and also suggest a solution.

Thanks
Dave

Try try a scan but it's working fine

thats the problem with lists possibly forgot it and its working.

28.2°E Astra 2A 11876.00 H Astra 2A South DVB-S QPSK 27500 2/3

I'm afraid I'm still very much a novice regarding all this so can you explain in more detail what that entails and how to do it? Does this override and delete the AJ Channel List that is currently in place?

---------- Post Merged at 08:52 PM ----------

Thanks for those numbers. Is it possible to scan for it and then manually add it to the existing AJ list in my F5S?

on most sat boxes you can do a manual scan with above info ,but skyboxes are different better wait for more info re scanning.

It's strange that there's been a lot of posts with members saying that they have lost certain channels with AJ's latest list. I don't understand why. Discovery Turbo working here on AJ's (25/5/14) list.

skirmish...you say that it isn't working, but also that it isn't there. Can you see it in the list (ch 243)? If you can, what message do you get when you select it? And what frequency & polarisation does it show. It should be 11876 H SR 27500.

If you still want to scan for it again, go to menu > installation > TP list. Scroll to 11876Mhz. Press OK. Then press OK again to scan.

If it finds anything that wasn't in your current list, it will put it at the end of the list.

If that fails, you could always try installing an older AJ list to see if it comes back.

Last edited:
funny things are the norm now i think like vu duo having a working syfy hd and solo non working,both have same firmware,epg setup and abm setup and both had same channel info:whacko:
reran abm and now back.

It's strange that there's been a lot of posts with members saying that they have lost certain channels with AJ's latest list. I don't understand why. Discovery Turbo working here on AJ's (25/5/14) list.

skirmish...you say that it isn't working, but also that it isn't there. Can you see it in the list (ch 243)? If you can, what message do you get when you select it? And what frequency & polarisation does it show. It should be 11876 H SR 27500.

If you still want to scan for it again, go to menu > installation > TP list. Scroll to 11876Mhz. Press OK. Then press OK again to scan.

If it finds anything that wasn't in your current list, it will put it at the end of the list.

If that fails, you could always try installing an older AJ list to see if it comes back.
Sorry for not replying sooner but didn't realise there had been some replies.
I've just loaded the very latest AJ list and still not having any success with Turbo. It is showing in the Channel List and also on Channel 235 in the 'Satellite List'
Just tried the manual scan as you suggest too and it's still not there either.
Not sure how to bring up the information about the frequency and polarisation. If you can advise I'll certainly try and find out.

...Not sure how to bring up the information about the frequency and polarisation. If you can advise I'll certainly try and find out.

Still working fine here on AJ's latest list (9/6/14).

If you press the info button, then you should see under the channel name:-

FQ 11876 H SR 27500

Yes, when I press the info button I do get FQ 11876 H SR 27500

It also says Signal Intensity 44% Signal Quality 10%

Unfortunately though there's no picture or sound at all.

Could that really be the reason? Other channels are working fine and with strong signals. Surely if that was the case then it would affect them all?

All the channel info in your attachment is correct.

Do you receive other channels on the same transponder?

Have a look here & scroll down to 11876 H. There may be a problem receiving that transponder.

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

You could also try installing your previous channel list to see if you get Turbo back.

A little more information.

I left the TV on while connected to Turbo. It has picked up a signal and there is now a frozen image from one of the programmes on the screen. It also shows the “No Signal” message too. The Signal intensity is 45% and the Quality just 10%

Any thoughts?

---------- Post Merged at 04:30 PM ----------

What I’ve noticed is that the other channels on 11876.00 are also not working and giving the same signal strength/intensity.

Everything else though seems to be working fine with good strengths/intensities for other channels.

Could that still mean the dish is not correctly aligned? Bear in mind that it has generally worked okay until recently.

Back