Disegc switch

royw

Hi I'm a newbie to multi sat configuration could someone advise me if it is possible to use a mono block duel lnb with internal switch and a single lnb off another dish joined together maybe through another switch
fed into the receiver down one cable.
i hope that makes sense
regards Roy

Kremmen
to get to the internal connections on the mono block I would have to split the bonded casing sounds a bit messy.
what I was not sure of was if the signal from a receiver could switch 2 deseqc switches in series.
if it would
how I was thinking of doing it was this
connect a 4 to deseqc switch to the receiver
connect the 28 deg dish to port 3
connect ports 1 and 2 to a splitter / combiner
connect the outlet of the splitter to the mono block lnb.
what do you think?

roy

Sorry. I wasn't suggesting opening up your monoblock.

What I meant was, you need to seperate the 2 monoblock signals by using a splitter on the output of the monoblock. The 2 signals from the output of the splitter then go to (say) ports 1 & 2 on the DiSEqC, then the output of the other dish connects to port 3. Which is what you have suggested.

hi mate im usins a disecq switch on my set with 1 dish pointint to astra 28 east as in sky them a lnd bracket for atra 19 e and another dish pointing at astra 3 at 23 east with a lnb bracket for hotbird works a treat . the way it works is 1 lead from openbox to switch then 1 cable for sky to input a then astra 19 e on lnb b and then astra 3 on lnb c and then hotbird on lnb d then go into menu add satellites and reboot box then go into antenna setup and add them each and find out what port there on then scan all together

Back