djgarf

tjorch

Hi djgarf, several months ago I am pretty sure you got me out of trouble when I asked "is it possible to upload basebuild through the internet as no matter what I do my H2s will not recognise my USB stick" and you kindly explained how to do it.

This morning I tried uploading WB v6, but it kept on returning to the Version box, so I uploaded OPEN ATV 6.0 and now I am stuck there. Hope you can help, many thanks Terry

ok so you have flashed just a plain version of openatv 6.0 and want to put the pre release of wooshbuild 6 on your box?
if thats right these are the steps i do it (hope you had your line backed up before you flashed to openatv 6)

ftp into your box
navigate to /media/hdd/images/
put the wooshbuild v6 zip file in that folder
on your box press the blue button - right on the remote - down on the remote - ok - blue button
select the zip file you copied over by ftp
it will ask if you want to back up settings (not much point if you have flashed a plain openatv 6) so select no
it will then unzip the file and start the flash

Last edited:
Hi djgarf, thanks for your reply, I get as far as " on your box press the blue button - right on the remote - down on the remote - ok - blue button "

Then it comes up with "Error. Not enough free space on/hdd!! You need at least 300Mb free space. Exit plugin"

I have tried 2 memory sticks both with 16 gbytes on each, initialised them both, and the H2s recognises them, Terry

Did you initialise the sticks on the box?
Did you reboot the box after you initialised the stick?
I just use my hard drive rather than a USB stick (only time I use a USB stick to flash is when I do something wrong and get my box stuck in a bootloop)

Did you initialise the sticks on the box?
Did you reboot the box after you initialised the stick?
I just use my hard drive rather than a USB stick (only time I use a USB stick to flash is when I do something wrong and get my box stuck in a bootloop)
Hi djgarf, Yes to both the top questions,I took my hard drive out in the hope that when I backed it all up initially it will all still on it when I get WB v6 up and running again.

Should I plug hard drive back in??

PS; I have seagate 1tb, I read somewhere that might be a problem

Last edited:
Not sure why your box is giving that error if the sticks are initialised correctly. When you transferred the flash file over was it defiantly to media/HDD/images?
Just wondering if the system had set the mount up correctly

images was not there so I opened a new folder on the desktop and renamed it images, downloaded WB v6 zip file to it (without unzipping it) then uploaded it to media/hdd, and I have checked it is in hdd

Try pressing the red button - plugins - mount manager
What does it say next to mount and also next to type?

Its not mounted as media/hdd.
In that screen is a option to setup mounts, you will need to change it so its mounted as media/HDD, reboot the box, check its still mounted as media/hdd then it should allow you to flash without the error

I've got as far as;

Choice Box

1 Flash and start installation wizard (pressed that)

Unzipping files, Please wait....

Execution progress:

unzip: can't open /media/hdd/images/WooshBuild-Latest[.zip]
Execution finished!!

I downloaded the file from the newsletter again, put a fresh memory stick in and went through everything again, and its flashing, many thanks for you patients. Terry

Last edited:
Everything is up and running fine now, can I just plug my hard drive back in without doing anything else, Terry

Put your box into deep standby then switch if off at the back before switching between the USB stick and the HDD just to be safe

I have put hdd in, but I don't think it has been recognised, (seagate perhaps) it wouldn't restore settings in either WB Config or Software Manager, say it couldn't find any, and in file list/planner it's only telling I have 64kb disk space. And I cant seem to find somewhere to reload/initialise a hdd. Terry

if you havnt sorted this yet....when you perform a fresh install the box by default looks to sda1 for storage, if your drive has been setup on the box before you need to remount your hdd/usb drive as media/hdd.
(ATV builds via remote go to: menu/info panel/plugins/mount manager....green to setup mounts, select drive then left/right on direction pad to change).

Back