Do you cut socket holes before taping and jointing ?

KGH0210

Quick question on a home project, i have plasterboard a Tv unit out and i have someone coming to tape and joint it.
I wish to have several sockets around with the wire currently behind the plaster board including wires for the lights.
Do i need to make the cuts before it is taped and jointed or do this once he is complete ?

thanks in advancer teckers !

Quick question on a home project, i have plasterboard a Tv unit out and i have someone coming to tape and joint it.
I wish to have several sockets around with the wire currently behind the plaster board including wires for the lights.
Do i need to make the cuts before it is taped and jointed or do this once he is complete ?

thanks in advancer teckers !
Cut it first any damage he can repair it at the same time.

Cut the holes first,
If you are face book there is a guy dies PCP , that are very good for DIY, a lot of so called professionals use them to, because they are not so professional .
I'll get you a link, they are actually good kit.

Cut the holes first,
If you are face book there is a guy dies PCP , that are very good for DIY, a lot of so called professionals use them to, because they are not so professional .
I'll get you a link, they are actually good kit.
Thanks mate , will check it out. Appreciate the link as well

Thanks mate , will check it out. Appreciate the link as well
If there's nothing behind the plasterboard you'll need drylining boxes for the sockets, if there's masonry you'll need normal steel backboxes, obviously the cabling will need putting in in either case.

Back