Does Anybody Know about the Google Chrome Extension privacy breach?

Hey All!

Yesterday I was reading about the tech news and found news about the Google Chrome Extensions and its privacy breach that they were just stealing our online data and eavesdropping on our online activities, and some of those extensions were also installed at my pc too.

Should I worry about it? Because I have a lot of personal stuff in it and I am a bit curious about it since I have read the news.

I think this news was published a week ago but I went through this last night.

What do you guys say about this? Are there any post precautions that I should get.?

Some of the coverage on this news is

Find Out if you’re affected by Google Chrome Extension’s Privacy Breach

Hundreds of Chrome Extensions Secretly Uploaded Private Data

Google is just one big security breach of a corporation full stop.

Should you be worried? Well that depends on what you think was breached? ie do you store sensitive data like bank details etc

Personally I don't store no sensitive data at all and try to memorise any details I may need to use from time to time.

Google have a copy of every search query ever entered in their search engine data base (for education and training purposes). :sick:
If you are logged into any google or synced google device that will be linked to your email address then :unsure:

So if you entered 'big breasted teens' into google chrome that search will be recorded and could be attributed to your email address.:sneaky:

Firefox is the only browser that is trusted by TOR. Download it, use it freely without being spied on (y)
Open in Tor Browser – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-GB)

Google is just one big security breach of a corporation full stop.

Should you be worried? Well that depends on what you think was breached? ie do you store sensitive data like bank details etc

Personally I don't store no sensitive data at all and try to memorise any details I may need to use from time to time.

I used to do that but got hacked by a 'key logger' attached to an mp3 file. £600 was taken by two students in Nottingham who amongst other things bought bus passes, so were easily caught :sneaky:
The key logger recorded every key stroke I had made for months and during that time I had entered passwords and bank account details. The police gave me a crime number and the bank refunded the money without question.

If you want to keep yourself safe from hackers, cyberattacks, or stealing online data, there's one easy solution is to use a VPN because it protects yourself from hackers, scammers, cyber goons, online malicious threads and provides you a secure internet. By that way, it is very important to be aware of tech news nowadays.

Back