does dreamplex work?

dappa2

I used to own a zgemma star 2s a couple of years ago and had dreamplex installed from the plugins, it worked fairly ok most of the time and then that zgemma broke so I threw it in the bin, to cut a story short I've not owned a zgemma in a long time and recently purchased 2 of them again, a h2s and a h32tc and I notice on both that dream plex plugin although it loads just says "list index out of range" whenver you try and sync it up with your servers media.

Is this plugin a dud or if it is working how are people getting it to work?

is that something that must always be done, i've never bothered with it in the past as it always just picked my server up and worked.

I've tried putting my plex username and password unless I'm doing something wrong with the settings all that gets me is the sync error message doesn't appear but it also dont sync anything either other just saying that its starting but never does anything regardless of how long you wait.

Hi, I use dreamplex all the time on openvix - is your authentication set up on the client?
having trouble here as well , dreamplex on an i55 , in settings I cant get a connection using DNS and if I try myplex as the connection method it says i need SSL check settings ( I cant input my plex username and password , those sections are greyed out ) , if i try connecting via the IP address of my server ( mac) , it says server may be offline , the server is in the same room and working fine for other clients in the house ?

7HNd0Yx.jpeg
cheers but as I said , where you have inputted "myPlex Username" and "myPLEX Password" when i click on those boxes nothing happens , no keypad appears to allow me to type in my credentials. ?

Last edited:
The keypad is along the top you should be able to tap the relevant numbers ie press 2 twice for b, 9 three times for y etc. Its been a while since using but you can see TEXT at the top right try pressing TEXT to see if it brings up a keypad

thanks dsayers , that fixed :) , no channels tho ? just vod , i can live with that cheers all .

I figured it out, I was using the settings that have already been mentioned on this thread to no avail but one thing I noticed when clicking on about section is it says dreamplex is on version 0.1 which must be a very old version, have no idea why the plugin downloads only offers that version but I went to the authors site directly and downloaded a more recent version which is 2.1 and got the ipk and manually installed it myself, works fine now.

I figured it out, I was using the settings that have already been mentioned on this thread to no avail but one thing I noticed when clicking on about section is it says dreamplex is on version 0.1 which must be a very old version, have no idea why the plugin downloads only offers that version but I went to the authors site directly and downloaded a more recent version which is 2.1 and got the ipk and manually installed it myself, works fine now.
the out of range error is fixed by giving the server permission to talk to dreamplex settings network list of ip addresses allowed without authority put in local loopback address for your network card (usually 127.0.0.1 and all ip addresses between and including the box you have dreamplex installed on mine is like this , 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.1,192.168.0.12 click on save .
make sure your box is set to use ip as its method of connecting

Hi all any help appreciated trying this on H2s with open ATV I seem to be able to log in to the Plex server and get passed a token but can't sync I get "index out of range" error thanks

Hi all any help appreciated trying this on H2s with open ATV I seem to be able to log in to the Plex server and get passed a token but can't sync I get "index out of range" error thanks

I no longer use dreamplex anymore as got firesticks and other devices in the house that have plex on it but to get it working I installed version 2.1 and logged on and all was good syncing things after that, I might add that dreamplex can be unstable from time to time though and crash your box when looking through very long libraries, it dont always crash but can be annoying from time to time.

I no longer use dreamplex anymore as got firesticks and other devices in the house that have plex on it but to get it working I installed version 2.1 and logged on and all was good syncing things after that, I might add that dreamplex can be unstable from time to time though and crash your box when looking through very long libraries, it dont always crash but can be annoying from time to time.
OK thanks for that!

add the box ip to allowed by going to network , unclick hide advanced and put the ip address of your box in the List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth box

Thanks for the response. Looking at my router I can't see a setting that allows an extra IP address there is a samba option and an option to allow particular SIDS there is little to change in the settings menu

Hi

Can anyone help me please!!

I'm trying to setup dreamplex on my zgemma h2s running openvix. When I hit save and go back, it's saying false under active.

The configuration I have is;

MYPLEX
url: www.plex.tv
Username: username
Password: password

Am I missing something?

Back