Does size matter? (TV size chat)

thebesh

TK Supporter
I have a 65" LG OLED and before that I had a 55" Samsung LED. It's funny how quick you get used to the size of TV. I have a tall ceiling, which helps and I have wondered if I would go 75" in the future.

Just saw this YouTube video (link) which is a review of the TCL 98" LED The size is incredible and too big for me, however for £1800 I think it's pretty good value with HDR, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Viision, 144hz, etc.

Yeah I’m super tempted by 75”, I have a 55” OLED at the min and I think that would be a huge step up! Whereas 65” to 75” I think you would get over it quite quickly.

I have a 65" LG OLED and before that I had a 55" Samsung LED. It's funny how quick you get used to the size of TV. I have a tall ceiling, which helps and I have wondered if I would go 75" in the future.

Just saw this YouTube video (link) which is a review of the TCL 98" LED The size is incredible and too big for me, however for £1800 I think it's pretty good value with HDR, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Viision, 144hz, etc.
speaking from experience, once you go proper OLED, you really don't wanna go back. If you have a store nearby please try to check it out before you drop all that cash on the 98' LED.

speaking from experience, once you go proper OLED, you really don't wanna go back. If you have a store nearby please try to check it out before you drop all that cash on the 98' LED.
LED just can’t compete with an OLED or QD-OLED.
Also the bigger the screen the bigger the sound stage needs to be to match the larger screen.

I wouldn't change from an OLED panel either, but I just thought it was an interesting super huge TV with a lot of features for the money. Choosing this size but in OLED is at least double the price. I assume the vast majority of people in the UK don't have the need or desire for anything above 75"

OLED Panels above 80"
LG 83" C3 = £4,000
LG 83" G3 = £5,500
LG 97" G2 = £25,000

Back