Does the cloud ibox 2 plus have an internal hard drive?

casper17

Hi folks,

Does the cloud ibox 2 plus have an internal hard drive? Looking through ebay and can see no evidence of any of the boxes having a built in hard drive?

Is there also a reliable retailer where I can buy from? Ebay can be a minefield when tryna get the right box.

NO it does not come with a internal drive, i bought mine from a dealer in sheffield on ebay excellent box nice to have a decent epg at long last....without breaking the bank... this dealer 171258650836

Last edited:
How have you got your memory installed? Through a hard drive connected to usb or are you using memory cards? Do the memory cards have to be specific for this box?

I got my skybox f5s today and although i think its a great wee box so far i can tell there is certain aspects of having full package im going to miss such as recording, on demand, fast forwarding, pausing etc- the cloud ibox 2 seems to be able to do most of this with at a resonable cost but im i better buying the vu duo the set up seems to be a little easier (im not sure if they come without internal drive also).

Any help people can give is much appreciated thanks.

the clous box will do the following however, you will need a usb stick and a hardrive for recording

1. 7 day epg
2. on demand bbc,itv
3. ts media have a pick of thousands of films to stream stright to your box
4 you can record stuff but it is the same as the skybox you can only record the channel you are watching.
the beat image for you to use will be a patched version of the vix image

Cheers mike- im looking a twin tuner so that ruled the cloud ibox 2 out for me unfortunately. Think the vu duo gona have to be the 1 pick one up from ebay and then add memory to it hopefully bout £250 all in.

i have not got one myself. i have the vu solo dont buy off e-bay buy it from world of satalite he is well respected.

Just ordered Cloud 2+ yesterday. Hope its good for scheduled recording. F5s's ok but record terrible. Going to be looking for a step by step guide setting up. Its coming set with black hole but everyone says should put patched vix on it?

Just ordered Cloud 2+ yesterday. Hope its good for scheduled recording. F5s's ok but record terrible. Going to be looking for a step by step guide setting up. Its coming set with black hole but everyone says should put patched vix on it?

I've flashed my new Cloud 2+ with Vix tonight and it seems like a great device but is much harder to work with than the Skybox/Openbox. The picture quality is definitely an improvement over my F5S but setting it up might be a challenge if you're not technical.

The best advice I can offer is to take your time, be prepared to read a lot and be patient.

Just got it ;-) will be setting up tonight soon so gonna be asking all the same old questions setting up ;-)

Hows your Cloud 2+ box sucmnsee. Looking for a new box myself, what I have read here this sounds like the box or the cloud 3 if can get hold of one is what I want. Take it there are clones out there which makes it more difficult of knowing which is gen. Have Cloud got there own website to help spot a clone.

airsatddtdotcom are the people who make them I think but never bought direct. I get off guy in uk by post for 65. But im not 100% sure if theyre originals or not. All work great tho. The remote has to be pointed directly at box but u get used to it. Ive gone through 10 now and all still going (fingers crossed lol)

Thanks for getting back. Got the F5s at the mo, not too impressed with it. the remote same with that too. so I will have a look on the internet over the weekend.

Back