Downloads

inchi41

Hi guys don't know if anyone else has had contact from there broadband provider saying that you have download a copyright film I did yesterday from bt. First time its happened but was only this one film i diwnload 4. Didn't realise they were spying that much. Attached pics of what it said

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170706-104943.png
    Screenshot_20170706-104943.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 217
Hi guys don't know if anyone else has had contact from there broadband provider saying that you have download a copyright film I did yesterday from bt. First time its happened but was only this one film i diwnload 4. Didn't realise they were spying that much. Attached pics of what it said

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170706-104958.png
    Screenshot_20170706-104958.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 122
I haven’t seen anything like this before... just shows there’s no hiding [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Il said it before and il say it again
Why do people use torrents for, plenty of options out here
Which your IP will only see as Internet traffic
Not stand out as peer to peer

I never get it

Il said it before and il say it again
Why do people use torrents for, plenty of options out here
Which your IP will only see as Internet traffic
Not stand out as peer to peer

I never get it
Well not everyone is that tech savvy please enlighten us

Allways use a vpn for anything that may be deemed illegal( torrents/streaming etc) there are plenty to choose from and the prices are reasonable, just google VPN and choose the package that suits your needs!!

I'm on ee and never received any letters about downloading movies tv shows or music or mp3 updates I don't use a vpn but I don't do it as much now all bb providers are supposed to be teaming up with something called you gov to what ive read to try and clamp down on all copyright downloading and streaming i didn't know they could tell what you was downloading but I know they can tell you how much data you've used and same with uploading

newgroups, also known as usenet, older than the WWW and it contains every piece of music, video, ebook and everything else that's ever been produced. stuff posted there stays there for years and can be DL by anyone who knows how to access it. It doesn't depend on other users being online at the same time as you and you DL from it at the full speed of your network connection.
I've been on there for about twenty years. yes your provider can see traffic but not content, and if you use a SSL server like me, no one, not even the server you're DL from can decipher what it is you are DL.

sweet

I don't DL much so my premium access costs me £7 for 40 gigs, if i was a big downloader I'd choose unlimited gigs for about £25 for a year

newgroups, also known as usenet, older than the WWW and it contains every piece of music, video, ebook and everything else that's ever been produced. stuff posted there stays there for years and can be DL by anyone who knows how to access it. It doesn't depend on other users being online at the same time as you and you DL from it at the full speed of your network connection.
I've been on there for about twenty years. yes your provider can see traffic but not content, and if you use a SSL server like me, no one, not even the server you're DL from can decipher what it is you are DL.

sweet

I don't DL much so my premium access costs me £7 for 40 gigs, if i was a big downloader I'd choose unlimited gigs for about £25 for a year
wow, I've not used usenet for years, used to spend all my spare time on them:)

years ago I use to download lots of music before all the ip blocking , I don't know alot now days i dont download much now
but when i do I use the Opera internet browser , this wicked browser has a built in vpn ,,, using this I can connect to all the torrent sites and download like before ,, I don't know much about all this or if my interent people can see me as I've not downloaded much but it works if it helps anyone
all you have to do is activate the vpn in the settings or menu in the browser ( the vpn is built into the browser so you dont have to download anything)

I use Peer Block when 'torrenting'...
unless you are paying for the subscription you are as transparent as it gets.there is absolutely no protection to be had from peer block,and hasnt been for quite some time.even a free vpn will serve you better.

for a prosecution to succeed they would need you to co operate with them, why would anyone do that unless they dont know their rights? For a start they would contact the main account holder in the hope that they grass whoever did the download up, on top of that say for example someone was downloading stuff from your internet connection, for the main account holder to get in any trouble they would need to fess up to downloading the item and then also admit the account holder expressly gave them permission to do it, so unless whoever downloaded it admits to it then they the authorities are screwed if know one knows anything or admits to it, so download whatever you want but keep your lips sealed if anyone ever comes knocking on your door, if that does happen just respond with "which family member would you like to speak to"

Back