dreambox 500c any help?

macmain

hey all.
hope you can help, dug out my old dreambox 500c and having a play.. its been a while.. just to see whot i can get on it with my current line..

ive flashed commando 15.1 and 16.. added mgcamd to the usuall places emu... lib .. and keys..
currently using 15.1

im pretty stumped after a channel scan im getting channel not found.. although ive now added my net id etc and also done brute force .. im obviously missing something.. im pretty sure these boxs will at least show a few channels.. deffinatly not HD i know..

anybody got one going.. ive read people on other forums are using them in kids rooms etc...

the dm500c works ok with cable (no Hd)

if your using commando image then just just enter your network id and it will scan can't be any easier.
try commando 15.1 e
and if you still get nothing then it's either the box stuffed or check the connections ie the feed

well doing a scan pick up all channels no problems...
my regional channels work bbc itv.. etc.. but no others .. im using an n line and trying to get mgcamd to work.. i have i feeling it my cam settings as when i go to softcam settings it says your mgcamd binary is corupt. ive added mgcamd and flashed 15.1 so many times now..

how can i set up my n line on CCcam.cfg

no pal.. i dont use it sorry..
ive copied my newcamd.list from my E2 receiver..
so as follows ...
newcamd.list & mg_cfg to var/keys
mgcamd in the var/bin/emu attributes to 755
libcrypto.so 0.9.7 to /var/lib/ give permissions 644

that correct??

Im running one m8,the commando version 16 runs on 1.35 cam for mgcamd only, please read the instructions that comes with the image m8, it will keep you right...

oh right..
have not got any instructions with the down load wullboy.. i couldnt find any info on google eith for ver 16...
ill try that later..
what do you mean lancable??

well doing a scan pick up all channels no problems...
my regional channels work bbc itv.. etc.. but no others .. im using an n line and trying to get mgcamd to work.. i have i feeling it my cam settings as when i go to softcam settings it says your mgcamd binary is corupt. ive added mgcamd and flashed 15.1 so many times now..

how can i set up my n line on CCcam.cfg

your using the wrong mgcamd by the looks of it
also make sure you just name the file mgcamd and not mgcamd.1.35 etc

also shouldn't have to do this now:libcrypto.so 0.9.7 to /var/lib/ give permissions 644

if using version 15.1e

ive reflashed commando 16.0
doing a scan as we speak.
mgcamd 1.35 is installed
my n line (as CWS) is installed.
just waiting for scan to finish.. lancable the other forum is the only place someone has posted the same problem.. and as far as i can see its the only other post about it Buddy.. from which noone replyed to so i have asked if there is a solution on there

ok guys .. all working
using commando 16.0.. and mgcamd 1.35...
thanks to wullboy... but i have searched for the info he says comes with the download about this and there is nothing on here were i got the file from
http://commando.org.uk/

thank you everyone

Back