Dreambox clone - advice

micah1880

Hello,

I'm pretty new to all of this satellite stuff.

A few years ago I had cable boxes (dBox2 and Kryptview) but I moved to a non cable area around the time they changed to Nagra 3.

Anyway, I've been having a read around satellite forums for a week or so. I feel like I have a basic grasp of clines and how it all works, I've flashed boxes and done all that sort of stuff before.

So, I feel like I want to get a box so I can have a play around for a couple of months.

I want to buy a cheap box for now and then in a few months I might make an investment in something more impressive.

I've seen DM500s for under £50. I know that these will be clones but would that be a good choice to have a play around on while I'm learning?

I know with a clone I can only put certain images on it, if I don't want to brick it, but is there any other issues I would have buying a clone box?

Is there anything else I should know at this stage?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

if your getting a dm800 get one with one of the newer rev m tuners .a dm500 is also a good place to start and learn and its quite cheap so if your on a budget its ideal ,of course its not hd but still a great box . the openbox s9 is a good budget hd box it only costs about £60 (not bad for a hd box ) ,a box that would come in between the dm500s /openbox s9 and the dm800 would be the blade bm7000 (cost about £140 ) its hd and a very good box for the money ,but all these boxes can used with a c line and there are tutorials available for all of them .

Back