Dreambox recomendations

curryking

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I'm looking to purchase a sat dreambox and would like some advice as to which would be best box to get.
I've read that the dreambox800se is a reliable HD box and can be used as a recorder too, any opinions please ?

I would like to get the s-y sports and movies , although I do have a technical background I have no experience with these box's.

Advice greatfully received ! :beg:

Never had a Dreambox, supposed to be good,
but if your a newbie to this the blade box will do pretty
much the same thing as the box you mentioned and is easy to set up.

Lots of help around here for the blade if you get stuck.

Why not have a little look in that section before you buy, it gets plenty
of good reviews.

Linux boxes seem more for the sat enthusiasts, and are a bit more fiddly
to set up.

Both about the same price too.

I agree with bees i have the blade bm7000 and i think its such a decent box its so easy to setup and specially with the amount of support on techkings for it, also its got a nice looking user interface and it has that smooth feeling when using the remote lol weird as it sounds but i remeber some remotes i had for example the starview hd combo plus lan remote was a nightmare lol. But yea the blade its a good reliable box if you looking to spend around £130 a £150.
Not to sure about the dreambox i have held it in my hands and its quite small with a little lcd screen at the front but like bees said more fiddling needed as its linux based.

good advice

Thats great, good advice, I will be looking at that box before buying, sounds like a good option ;)

Thats great, good advice, I will be looking at that box before buying, sounds like a good option ;)

Although the Blade box is a lovely box it is that little bit more expensive for what you need, get yourself a cheep budget box does the same as the blade easy to set up and is also HD it is also recordable but only for what you watch unfortunately, if you want a box for recording one channel while watching another you will need a twin tuner, but for 50/60 quid i would start with the f3 box picture is great and you will get all the channels you want from it.

Back