Dummies guide to IPTV help please?

Jezzasimpo

Hi All, just introduced myself and being hacked off with VM contracts and when out of contract not allowing the advertised rates I’ve had enough. So it’s time to say goodbye to them and look to pastures new. Being not the brightest pebble on the beach. Can you help me. All I’m after is a simple box that I can get world wide TV open channels, particularly sport ( football for my 15 year old) Do I need to buy the box then go elsewhere for the I guess info, software, keys whatever you call it to allow it to work. Please take it that I’m not at all aux fait with this type of stuff. I can plug it in. Ethernet or Wifi. But that’s where it stops. How does it all work. Not from a technical point of view but just to get me going.
A mate told me about a Magbox 240 and that’s as far I have got, which model, who do I buy it from?, do they offer a complete service?. Box and working brain as it were.
All help would be appreciated. But please keep it simple. Not bothered about cost in relative terms just want it to work simply. Thanking you all in anticipation. Jezza

You have a few options but first thing is welcome to our friendly forum.We have an IPTV section with a vast amount of info available and i do suggest you do a little reading up on the options available to you.An easy quick setup is a fire stick and very simple to use and a good device for the price.I suggest you listern to advise from long term vet or vip members who have been on here for a few years and help no end with new members like your self looking .You will get low poseters sending you messages offering all sorts so be wary and you will be fine.

It all depends what you want to run on the box, if its just iptv then you have many options, depending on how much you want to spend, if you have a sat dish and want to watch the remaining channels available on sat card sharing, then you may be better getting an enigma2 box that will run both sat and iptv, there are a few threads on the forum explaining types of boxes, you may find one that is suitable for your needs by having a search and reading through them. But you will also need a decent internet connection.

Last edited:
Personally I would stay away from mags altogether
If wanting a sly/vm look then a zgemma would be fine with the remaining c/s channels or freesat.
If not fussed about that then an android based device would be more than adequate for you like a 4k firestick Amiko A6 buzz Vidstick but mainly comes down to budget and how much your willing to spend.
There is an android based review thread in the android/kodi section with reviews on boxes that members are using has some very useful information in it from price range to device specs ect.
Or if you have a smart tv you may, have an app on the TV that is compatable with iptv.

Providers there is a request thread on the forum for iptv I would take plenty of tests check people's profiles see how long been a member and how much they contribute to the forum preferably vets and vip members but no guarantees if you are completely new to iptv if you take a trial, for 24hr and find you like just take a 1 MONTH Sub to start with.
There is a guide on forum aswell for setting up iptv on a zgemma box which is very detailed and helped lots of members.

Last edited:
get yourself a mid range android box formuler z7+ would be a gppd option. then put a request for a few trials on here you will get 24hrs free. and pick the best one. the box itself is very easy to setup using mytvonline app. although some suppliers may not support it. Best to buy something half decent to start with or you will end up like some of us on here going through everey box under the sun.

get yourself a mid range android box formuler z7+ would be a gppd option. then put a request for a few trials on here you will get 24hrs free. and pick the best one. the box itself is very easy to setup using mytvonline app. although some suppliers may not support it. Best to buy something half decent to start with or you will end up like some of us on here going through everey box under the sun.
Mike dont insult me like that LMFAO

Back