Dyson DC24

makido

VIP Member
Does anyone know anything about Dyson hoovers?
Not much I can say really, the brushes go round, but its like they have pressed the little grey button that sits at the side of the power button (its hard to push)

My mum hoovered today and it was fine, she was just about to pack it away when the above happened
I have been reading online and I have removed and cleaned the brush bar and its still the same.
I keep reading about a reset button for the brushes but I cant find one on the hoover at all
Anyone got any ideas?

Have you tried this Locate the brush bar's on-off switch, commonly located on the handle just above the vacuum's body or in a slot on the side of its head. Press the button once to reset the brush bar, then flip the vacuum back upright, plug it in and power it on.Screenshot_20190927-181528_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190927-181911_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-181911_Chrome.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 2
Ive tried pushing in the grey switch thingy on the handle, but no good. There is nothing on the head itself
I think they are just going to try and order a new head, in the hope that works cos I have no idea.

Have you checked for blockages and filters clean to do a better vacuum and brushes should then spin faster.
Never liked Dyson as they never cleaned my carpets deep down,picked up a scrapped faulty vax and bloody hell that cleans way better + way longer cord.

Must be out of 5 year warranty as i have got 2 standard as one was faulty and a small one for stairs somewhere.

Yeah they've had it years, think it was the newest model at the time. It was cheaper to take a gamble on it being the head than to buy a replacement Dyson anyway
Luckily it paid off, and with them having two dogs I dont think it really owes them a penny

Back