E2 box IPTV getting blocked during football

Using a vpn router protects all your devices if needed

Doing it your way is just being a tight wad just my opinion :smiley:
So i will reduce my connection from 300mbps down to 50mbps tomorrow when i ring vermin.

Seems no point of having fast internet with VPN router.
Not my cup of tea running primitive speeds. Just device/devices you need to for what ever reason, and in this thread its just about enigma2.
What would the speed be with 4 devices connected on them VPN routers?
As in:
enigma2/firestick/playstation/smartTV?
What would playstation be getting?

I only connect the devices i need behind the vpn
My other devices can have the full speed from my main router

Yes @bazcfc1 is correct with the 3.5 Meg drop, but i have the spider vpn router and find my drop to be 3.66666 Meg :smiley:(y)

Use PIA
(private internet access)
No need for routers on enigma2. Why do you need a router?

Install OpenVPN on enigma2 then FTP your VPN config files in. You will then be running VPN on enigma2.
Simple guide on PIA site.

EDIT:
PIA will give you 5 connections on one account. Your friends/family you can add it to there E2 also.
Hi mate great answer I only want to vpn my E2 so not interested in router for other devices. The problem I have is that I’m in Spain and my daughter is in the Uk where the E2 box is there is open vpn on the box i have followed the instruction ok but I’m stuck on the bit where I have to plugin a usb stick to load the config fines can i do this over TeamViewer using Drwambox control centre cheers mate

There is no USB used.
Make sure you install ovenvpn on zgemma before you FTP anything over.
When you FTP the openvpn folder to etc open the openvpn folder “within” filezilla. Now go to the folder named password. Edit the password to the one that is given to you when you login PIA.
Save it. Filezilla will show this being edited.
After that reboot zgemma. Go to openvpn within zgemma. Set for auto start then reboot.

I have attached files needed.
You will need to edit the username and password to what your one is on PIA account.

(all can be done with teamviewer)
Best for enigma2 to run OpenATV 6.2. or 6.3.

Attachments

• OpenVPN.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 7
On OpenATV its.
Menu:
Setup:
System:
Network:
OpenVPN setup.
When OpenVPN has been enabled, reboot. FTP you VPN config file in, reboot.
Then set auto start then reboot.
Anyone buying a router for enigma2 to get round EPL blocks is wasting money buying routers for it is as simple as it is.
Hi mate how do you FTP the vpn file why not just add it to the folder thanks

Back