E2iplayer badly buffering

Hi all,

I have a zgemma-star-h-2h box and I've had this issue for a long time. Use to be fine a year or so ago.

E2iplayer just buffers, you start playing something and then very quickly it hits the buffer and starts buffering.

I have virgin 200mb connection which is fine, plugged in straight to superhub 3 and I've also done a speed test from the box which comes back at 70mb or so.

When you pause a movie in e2i you can see the bar catching up with itself so you can see its a buffering issue.

Normal usage and line is fine, no freezing etc.

Its bugging the hell out of me so any help would be appreciated!

Try purchase CAT 7 Ethernet cable and replace from router to box. I bought a couple as use TP Link power adapters to wire the signal to the box. Worked for me

Let me know how you get on!

Bought a cat7, speed test sky the same 65mb down and 11mb up which is clearly not right as i achieve way more on a plugged in pc to the router.

Oddly i played one trailer tonight perfectly and then the next one i chose just stutters. Stutters on any quality to, 1080p,720 or SD but just gets a little further with lesser quality.

Its clearly a bandwidth chocking issue but just don't know where the issue is. Any help appreciated.

Bought a cat7, speed test sky the same 65mb down and 11mb up which is clearly not right as i achieve way more on a plugged in pc to the router.

Oddly i played one trailer tonight perfectly and then the next one i chose just stutters. Stutters on any quality to, 1080p,720 or SD but just gets a little further with lesser quality.

Its clearly a bandwidth chocking issue but just don't know where the issue is. Any help appreciated.

I can even pause the trailer the green bar moves a little and down loads a small chunk but goes no further.

I have not tried a new build yet, so might stick on whoosh build just incase its the image I'm using. Doubtful though you'd think.

the speed test may differ between your box and pc due to the network cards on each device, 65mb down should be plenty.

Have you tried downloading it to usb/hdd in e2iplayer and then playing like a tv recording?

the speed test may differ between your box and pc due to the network cards on each device, 65mb down should be plenty.

Have you tried downloading it to usb/hdd in e2iplayer and then playing like a tv recording?

Ok no worries on speed test. I tried changing dns to Google as well but that's made no difference.

How do you do the download thing on the player, where's that option?

Thanks people

Ok no worries on speed test. I tried changing dns to Google as well but that's made no difference.

Thanks people

when you see the show/film you want to watch in the list, rather than selecting it press the green button. You then select the source etc but rather than it playing you should see the download manager, if not already started, press the green button to start the download.

You will see the download progressing, you can exit this screen at any time and it will continue to download in the background. Once it has completed you will see it in the 'file list' along with your recordings

Thanks people

Hi Grog,

Thanks for the help, so tried another quick speed test, still downloading about 70mb and upload at 11mb so it's steady - as stated yes, understand that there's probably a 10/100 card in the ZGemma so that's restricting download/upload to go over 100mb.

So the download method worked fine - which doesn't make sense - it downloaded a trailer at around anything between 1mb/2mb a sec - it fluctuated a fair amount tbh, but once it had downloaded it worked fine.

Therefore, the issue must be about streaming the files surely? Downloading is at least a workaround, but clearly something isn't right with streaming?

Any thoughts anyone?

I would check different downloads/sources at various times, its the same on computer, I download a particular show using pc from a specific source as its a better quality than what I normally get from the sources on e2iplayer, any when I download it, sometimes I get really high speeds, other times I get it downloading in kb's and timing out, same pc, same source server just different times etc.

There is so much that can effect streaming, especially from free sources, it's hard to pinpoint the problems. I never stream with e2iplayer these days, Always download and playback later

Sorry for jumping in I stream all time from e2iplayer I find if a stream buffering I pause it for a minuite or so let it load some more then play and it steadies out but then it could be the way it's been uploaded try different links of the program/movie your trying to watch

when you see the show/film you want to watch in the list, rather than selecting it press the green button. You then select the source etc but rather than it playing you should see the download manager, if not already started, press the green button to start the download.

You will see the download progressing, you can exit this screen at any time and it will continue to download in the background. Once it has completed you will see it in the 'file list' along with your recordings
Been using the player for over three years without knowing that, and you have just made my day!! Cheers

I used to use e2i player on my zgemma on a daily basis, but since november last year the developer quit giving any updates on it so unless you have the private version of it which is maintained still by the developer it will progressively over time get worse, one of the reasons I quit using it is for similar reasons in this post.

I used to use e2i player on my zgemma on a daily basis, but since november last year the developer quit giving any updates on it so unless you have the private version of it which is maintained still by the developer it will progressively over time get worse, one of the reasons I quit using it is for similar reasons in this post.
The Majority of the content is still working fine for most who have followed the E2iplayer update thread, still plenty of movie and tv shows to be accessed through the plug in.

So this plugin still works fine for most despite developer not providing public updates for it?
Yes still working even with no full updates like they used to be certain apps don't work but most do if you read through the update on e2iplayer thread you will understand how to get certain things to work

Back