Echo dot 4 gen with subwoofer

plasterer

Howdy chaps.
Got 2 echo dot 4th gen linked together for sound coming via a TV firecube.
Plays really well with all apps clearing the speakers. Thinking of adding an echo subwoofer, but after tons of reading, conflicting reports say will only work with amazon streamed music. Want it for netflix and plex which play great with setup now. Can anybody with subwoofer confirm it will work befor I throw my dough down the pan. Many thanks.... Paul

Howdy chaps.
Got 2 echo dot 4th gen linked together for sound coming via a TV firecube.
Plays really well with all apps clearing the speakers. Thinking of adding an echo subwoofer, but after tons of reading, conflicting reports say will only work with amazon streamed music. Want it for netflix and plex which play great with setup now. Can anybody with subwoofer confirm it will work befor I throw my dough down the pan. Many thanks.... Paul
Can you not just pair via Bluetooth or even a different sound at via Bluetooth or 3.5 jack

If you try to bluetooth once there paired, it will only connect to one speaker. If I use Spotify and ask alexa to play it works from both. It also works from both for any apps on firecube. But people reporting that if you add a subwoofer. The sub will only pick up streamed music. How true this is, ime trying to find out befor taking the plunge. Even scrolling through amazon reviews of the product, everybody mentions music. Though there is a vid on you tube we're a fella has it set up.
Thanks.....Paul

Back