Edision OS Mega arriving tomorrow!!! Need some assistance pls

Hi Willo just wanted to say thank you, my box arrived today and I flashed it with your backup build. Well impressed with this box had a little play with Kodi 17 and installed Paradox build.
Hi buddy, have set up my is mega with willobuild, all works great, I have installed kodi from the plugins, but it crashes on launch! Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you initialised your hdd and made sure it is mounted as hdd in vix mounts manager as kodi needs to create a folder on hdd. What version of vix are you using ? I had no issues with installing kodi on any version up to 5.0.003. Since 5.0.004 I have found it a bit hit or miss symptoms as you described, launch goes black for a few seconds then back to plugins menu. I did get it working by going into hdd hidden .kodi folder and deleting the addons27.db from kodi/userdata/Database folder

Have you initialised your hdd and made sure it is mounted as hdd in vix mounts manager as kodi needs to create a folder on hdd. What version of vix are you using ? I had no issues with installing kodi on any version up to 5.0.003. Since 5.0.004 I have found it a bit hit or miss symptoms as you described, launch goes black for a few seconds then back to plugins menu. I did get it working by going into hdd hidden .kodi folder and deleting the addons27.db from kodi/userdata/Database folder

Thanks for this mate, will look at it when I get home tomorrow [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know that there is no kodi folder in hdd folder
a4673c97e7f615bba9a6c4f95c34e0a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will ask the obvious as I suspect you already have done this. In filezilla under the server tab at top of page have you ticked the box to force show hidden files.

Which version of vix you using Acelazer I have replaced my hdd for a larger one this evening and went to 5.0.008 and couldn't get kodi to boot either. No kodi folder on hdd as per your picture. Went back to 5.0.02 and set up again and made back up then updated and restored back up and kodi is now working. I am beginning to wonder if when the issue with hdd space was fixed in vix 5.0.004 it is having an effect on the kodi install. I now have kodi folders in following locations
usr/share/kodi
usr/bin/kodi
usr/lib/kodi
usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/kodi
var/volatile/tmp/kodi
media/hdd/.kodi
I will try and delete them all tomorrow and reinstall kodi just to see if they will all install again now image is updated

Well no use to you I am afraid I deleted all kodi folders after removing kodi from plugins/extensions. Reinstalled kodi and it booted straight away on my existing image. Could not find 5.0.007 willo build you are running only 5.0.008. Tried fresh clean install of vix 5.0.007 and made sure hdd was reinitialised and mounted then installed kodi and again it booted straight away. In each case the .kodi folder on hdd had been removed and then once kodi was reinstalled it was present again. Why yours does not get installed I do not know, sorry I cant replicate your results

Well no use to you I am afraid I deleted all kodi folders after removing kodi from plugins/extensions. Reinstalled kodi and it booted straight away on my existing image. Could not find 5.0.007 willo build you are running only 5.0.008. Tried fresh clean install of vix 5.0.007 and made sure hdd was reinitialised and mounted then installed kodi and again it booted straight away. In each case the .kodi folder on hdd had been removed and then once kodi was reinstalled it was present again. Why yours does not get installed I do not know, sorry I cant replicate your results

Thanks anyway, I've now flashed ipab! All works great, including kodi! Again, thanks for your time. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back