Editing thread titles

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
As we all know we can edit our posts in a thread but is it possible to allow members to edit the thread titles i have made a few mistakes in thread titles or i might look back on a thread title and say i should have posted an alternative thread title (Thanks to the Mods that have sorted a few of them for me )(y) Just a suggestion if we could edit the thread titles it would be great.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

:whistling: lol

I give up, moh needs to double check thread titles prior to posting lol

In all seriousness Moh, that is left to the moderators for a reason. Content of a thread can be altered by a user as the situation may change, or changes need to be made.

Thread titles are left to mods for the simple reason that a site like ours is more effective if we can be friendly by Google-type standards. Meaning, the more descriptive thread titles are the more 'hits' we can achieve.

That portion is left to Admin and mods so we can try to achieve maximum hits based on thread titles.

That's also the reason that thread titles like 'please help' are as effective as screen doors on submarines.

So, while we understand your rational, we can't have members altering thread titles on any kind of consistent basis as it could potentially cause issues with the possible influx of new members.

With that in mind, we hope everyone takes a little bit of time to really think about their thread titles and how helpful or hurtful they could possibly be in the long run for our site, where many make their e-home.

As far as simple spelling errors go, just PM one of us and we'll make the appropriate change. :)

Hope this helps.

Back