EE IPTV Issues

Hi All

Is anyone else having issues with EE blocking IPTV on 4GEE? IPTV Extreme App stopped working over the weekend on 4GEE but works fine on home Broadband (BT). Is there anything I can do to overcome this other than VPN / IP Vanish?

No filters present, confimred by EE assistant.

Just done some testing and I think EE have put some kind of block on my Sim / IMEI, if I use IPTV Extreme on wifi it works also tested with my wifes phone thethered as she is on the same EE account as me. Sneaky gits must look at data usage / IP Addressing etc. Time for a new sim to see i it fixes it.

Are you 100% sure they are blocking it? Have you wondered on your phone if you are getting good reception to still being able to receive IPTV through your phone?

Hi, yes signal no issue as I can stream my BT Sport App no problem. Its a strange on to say the least, a couple of weeks ago I complained to EE about slow network speeds which they recognised and sorted but then a couple of days later this happens.

Yeah a few companies do this capped your speeds and data download, even though they lie and say all is fine. If it persists and they don't sort it out I'd move providers.

Its quite weird as I now have good downlad speeds, 60Mb/s min upto 115Mb/s. Its just the IPTV stream address they seem to be blocking on my sim.

What are you using on your phone to stream?
Ignore I see you are using IPTV Extreme,
Can you try another app like GSE Smart IPTV Pro see if that works just in case its an app issue.

I used to be with EE and my IPTV was blocked, it was only when I disabled the 'adult content block' that it started working, but i see you have already checked this.

Just checked my Mrs phone, she is on EE and IPTV works on there.

Maybe its that dt99 if he hasn't disabled 'adult content block' has EE just told him no filters on his connection but they may not have noticed that. Id try that just to see if you have it disabled or enabled.

I'm now with O2 and IPTV doesn't work on my 3g/4g connection. Problem is my phone/SIM are paid for by my employer.

Hi boss, can you change my phone SIM so I can access adult content and illegal IPTV on my work phone? Hmmm, maybe not

Very rare I would use IPTV on mobile data anyway.

The woman who deals with the O2 account is about 90 in work, I can't imagine asking her to remove the block and O2 won't do it without talking to her.

What device are you using to watch iptv? Are you using your phone to watch or are you using your phone to tether to another device

I've had the same with EE on mobile and broadband and get same issues on both with the broadband all I need to do is reset the router and then works again happens once a month. still not sussed out the mobile issue tho

i use 4g ee broadband for iptv and have no issues , and it is setup as standard out of the box
maybe try another provider to elimate isp block on his service

What are you using on your phone to stream?
Ignore I see you are using IPTV Extreme,
Can you try another app like GSE Smart IPTV Pro see if that works just in case its an app issue.
IPTV Smarters Pro TV Box is also best. Try it's features.

Ok update time, basically I now have IPTv working. Popped into EE shop to get a new sim card, this made no difference (The sales guy however seemed to indicate he knew what was going on but was very non-committal). I then phoned EE and spoke to level 2 support, explained the situation and after many restarts and tests they said "Ok lets just try a different internet setting". Basically they instructed me on setting up a new internet connection for Orange internet instead of the default EE one on my phone. Hey presto its now working!

To summarize, EE are actively blocking specific accounts which are running and using M3U web address based IPTv. At least I now have a work around.

Back