Elavator call out..!

Ted luxston

VIP Member
My relative went to a callout last week and the client said to him.."my lift vibrates a little,can you have a look at it for us please..?" look at my Avatar and see if you can spot the problem...the scary thing was people were actually still using it..!! He was shown what was wrong and his reply was..."so does that mean we can still use it..!!" Fuses were removed and client now has a bill for approx 8k to 10k quid..!! So if your in a lift and it vibrates alot..get the f*%k out..and use the stairs...unless its the shard..!!

---------- Post Merged at 06:43 PM ----------

For all you non lift engineers..lol..Lifts are held up with steel ropes and run on the outside of the green wheel in the pic.. one of the STEEL ropes has cut through the wheel and is now running on the inside (not good..like driving a car with 3 wheels..sorry robin reliant owners club) and the strands are breaking and it would eventually snap and...lets just say if your in it when it snapped.. you wont die or anything pleasant like that but the noise is something else...and it will be messy...!! imagine a slinky going out of control... at break neck speed..!!

only saving grace is the brakes.they tend to stop you quick,but not before you shit your pants.lol.i used to work at a brake shop and we used to do relines for the brake pads.

Back