England vs India Test, ODI, T20 Series

I thought first day and half India looked like there whole team never played test cricket before, with the bat first innings they were shocking, very very rare every single player from one team can all play poor, the England openers looked like world beaters when they have all struggled, and India for near a day and haf there bowling even was poor, now they are playing like world class again, i honestly find it very dodgy , hey but that is just my opinion. even when england are very poor with the bat there bowlers are playing decent. So for India to have evey player struggling for day and half, i find that very odd indeed..

Wouldn't say it's dodgy or odd at all mate.

It's the beauty of test cricket how the game can turn on its head for one team and then the other.

It's the most challenging and most rewarding format imo

sorry have to agree to disagree bud, 78 all out on a good pitch now all of a sudden there world beaters again... to many things don't add up that what makes me think something no right. but hard to prove, a team will sooner later get out for few runs, but for every player to play poor at same time and even bowlers were poor for day half, then all of a sudden , there world beaters, i find that very hard, reason no every one plays bad in team game same time..sorry

sorry have to agree to disagree bud, 78 all out on a good pitch now all of a sudden there world beaters again... to many things don't add up that what makes me think something no right. but hard to prove, a team will sooner later get out for few runs, but for every player to play poor at same time and even bowlers were poor for day half, then all of a sudden , there world beaters, i find that very hard, reason no every one plays bad in team game same time..sorry
If your implying fixing get where you coming from and sadly that still happens in the sport.

I personally don't think that occurred in this game but again no one has proof.

Surprised how India capitulated as they did.

Big dominant win by England. Great performance to them.

Think Hameed and Malan could do really well for England. Just need a good run in the team.

Oh England def deserved to win it, but was one very strange test match , they fell bits at start even bowled poor they then started bowling lot better, by time they had a good score, then India went into bat then they looked like a top side, next day fell to pieces again.. if you looked at it from start to finish it was one hell weird test.

Oh England def deserved to win it, but was one very strange test match , they fell bits at start even bowled poor they then started bowling lot better, by time they had a good score, then India went into bat then they looked like a top side, next day fell to pieces again.. if you looked at it from start to finish it was one hell weird test.

Be honest didn't have time to see all the test match due to personal committments.

But from what I saw thought was thoroughly enjoyable test match.

Think England will run riot in the next two tests. Be easy test series win for them if they play like they have today.

Brilliant test match so far and brilliant series so far.

Really back and forth this test match.

If England can bowl them under 250 then that will be a great result. But 250+ will be a very tough chase for England.

For me there has been some great stuff, some complete sh1t, it is very unusual name the person who is going to play well, other than Root , hes played really well. pick player even tomorrow that will play well, cause i have no idea..lol

For me there has been some great stuff, some complete sh1t, it is very unusual name the person who is going to play well, other than Root , hes played really well. pick player even tomorrow that will play well, cause i have no idea..lol

Get your point mate.

Recent test series I have watched I still would put the West Indies/Pakistan above this one just for sheer entertainment and drama.

This series has seen really poor cricket being played at times.

But overall its been an enjoyable series and very well fought.

2 days to go its a tough one to call but India are favourties especially if they set the target of 300+ then I seriously fear for Englands chances.

2 things for England to win need happen get rest out quite quick and bat well, one thing for sure it will last 5 days, i can't see it being a draw now, this is a weied series so you never know..lol

2 things for England to win need happen get rest out quite quick and bat well, one thing for sure it will last 5 days, i can't see it being a draw now, this is a weied series so you never know..lol

Nah guranteed a winner no doubt. Weather seems fine no way can it be a draw.

Bowling from both has been excellent but batting has been bloody shoddy from both barring Root.

If India get a big lead think its game over for England as the pitch will change on day 5 even more and how average of a batting team they are it will take a miracle for them to win lol.

They need to figure out what to do with their top 3 as lets face it its beyond average and going into the Ashes series I actually think this current England team will lose 5-0.

You prob better about cricket than i am, but for years why are every team obsessed with finding openers, why not have 3 or 4 than can play it or not scared to do it, even when they play well take them out firing line next test, or even play them 3 or 4 then take them out for few..Cook in the end before he retired struggled to score over 10 every test, his head was gone, even put down to no 3 or 4 , i honestly believed if they never were obsessed he had to open , he is still young enough now to still play, but in the end his head was gone, cause he had to open batting..i just don't get it

Opening position for a batsman is arguably the hardest position to conquer.

They have tried so many combinations over the years and its failed miserably.

Guys like Sibling, Lawrence, Burns, Hameed etc dont cut it. How many chances are you going to give them? How many quality openers have they got in the wings?

Still believe England will never see an opening pair like Cook/Strauss again. Those two were amazing for England in tests.

I find it ODI and T20 entertaining but at the same time dont care for it as much as I do test cricket. ODI and T20 formats where England dominate teams they are struggling in test cricket and been like that for a long time now.

I still think they should cook out firing line now and again, i honestly believe if they did he would not retired so early, its like an obsession to find a pair, for every side, and lets be honest does any team have pair guarenteed to score well most tests. i say not. you know what i would love tail enders to bat first in a proper test , just want block everything yoyu can for hour score runs fine if you don't no probs..lol i know never happen but i would love to see it, every sport you should and needs to try dif ways to play.

Ye thats why depending on the pair they should give them or a proper run in the team before putting them on the chopping block.

In terms of Cook I think it wouldnt have made a difference. Mentally he seemed to have gone which effected his game big time.

Pieterson should have been part of Englands team for years and despite what he did they said fekk it we aint gona play him again. Was englands best player in his prime hands down. Was a travesty what they did to him.

Quality players in the test arena has dried up for England but India and New Zealand are churning out quality player in the test format especially the former.

Peiterson had it all , most talented player there been for years, England are like in football don't upset the EFA or your gone, Don't upset the ECU or you wont last. Peiterson could have been The Great, i always thought his downfull was he just was so gung ho..we need you bad all day to least get draw, just was not way he played, but your right some player.

Peiterson had it all , most talented player there been for years, England are like in football don't upset the EFA or your gone, Don't upset the ECU or you wont last. Peiterson could have been The Great, i always thought his downfull was he just was so gung ho..we need you bad all day to least get draw, just was not way he played, but your right some player.
He was a special player and could have broke records if he had continued for years.

But bloody politics at the ECB, coaches and team captain made sure that didn't happen

Back