Enigma 2 vpn Setup Easy Method

formandvoid

TK Veteran
I posted these Instructions as I could not seem to find much information on an easy way to setup a vpn on an Enigma 2 device.

This method there is no need to download or edit any provider config files or add any user/pass files it does it all for you.

Hope this helps someone

1/Install vpn manager from the feeds on your Enigma 2 box.(Current is V1.1.7)

2/ Go to VPN Script Generator

3/ Enter your VPN username and password and this will generate a script to run for your vpn.

4/ Run the script using putty.

5/ When script is installing it will ask you to select your Vpn provider (PIA etc) and enter the number that relates to your provider.

6/ When finished your box will re-boot and open vpn manager. Select a server and click connect.

Now Your VPN should be up and running

I posted these Instructions as I could not seem to find much information on an easy way to setup a vpn on an Enigma 2 device.

This method there is no need to download or edit any provider config files or add any user/pass files it does it all for you.

Hope this helps someone

1/Install vpn manager from the feeds on your Enigma 2 box.(Current is V1.1.7)

2/ Go to VPN Script Generator

3/ Enter your VPN username and password and this will generate a script to run for your vpn.

4/ Run the script using putty.

5/ When script is installing it will ask you to select your Vpn provider (PIA etc) and enter the number that relates to your provider.

6/ When finished your box will re-boot and open vpn manager. Select a server and click connect.

Now Your VPN should be up and running
hi there followed your tut but keep getting login failed any ideas

Yes bud surfshark I have strange has me baffed
For surfshark have you got the credentials from here?

Code:
https://my.surfshark.com/vpn/manual-setup/main/openvpn

mceclip1.png

You then use those details

Hi, had to flash my os mega with opening 6.3.007.. Vpn (digibit) was working fine up to this point. After flash I followed above procedure but now I cannot connect to any server. " login error: verify error". I've checked the digibit app with same credentials and confirm they are working. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20230418_142350.jpg
    IMG_20230418_142350.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230418_142752.jpg
    IMG_20230418_142752.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 20
Trying to set up nord vpn but having difficulty. Can anyone help set this up on a vu solo2 box using open atv 6.4. Either using vpn manager or xe vpn

Thanks

In OpenPLI 9 doesnt work right. Surfshark provider. Script asked for a hdd forlder so i created one manually and it unpacked the ovpn files there. But when i start OpenVPN manager from plugins nothing happends, i dont get a server list. Just the wheel keeps spining and thats it
EDIT: I think its beause i also had openvpn folder with login.conf files in /etc/openvpn. OpenVPN Manager didnt show servers in app, but somehow connected to the one and only Zagreb server that was in /etc/openvpn. Also shortcut hdd folder doesnt cut it. Delete the shortcut and create hdd folder in root or it wont unpack files
Tried with clean install and works great

Last edited:
Back