Enigma 2 vs Mag

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

My sat server is allowing anyone who has a current sat line to transfer
over to his newly opened IPTV server.

I have two choices, using XC Plugin on an Enigma 2 box or VLC player using a box such as a Mag.

I have an E2 box so my choice is easy, but my mate has an Openbox so will need a new one to get his line back running.

So my obvious question is which is the best way to go, I here Mags are specifically
made for streaming but have also read posts saying that they are no better than E2 boxes.

Anybody tried using both types of box and can give me a comparison, will one be more stable than the other ?

Also will homeplugs (500 Mbps) effect the stability, would it be better to use an Ethernet direct from the router ?

I know homeplugs are fine on Sat boxes but I noticed mine are flashing like mad when I try streaming on an E2 box.

cheers

bees

Last edited:
ive got to be honest, ive always like the mag for its simplicity but having set up a load of enigma 2 boxes over the last few weeks they work just fine aswell, especially with the xtream plugin linked to xtream editor.

Hi,

My sat server is allowing anyone who has a current sat line to transfer
over to his newly opened IPTV server.

I have two choices, using XC Plugin on an Enigma 2 box or VLC player using a box such as a Mag.

I have an E2 box so my choice is easy, but my mate has an Openbox so will need a new one to get his line back running.

So my obvious question is which is the best way to go, I here Mags are specifically
made for streaming but have also read posts saying that they are no better than E2 boxes.

Anybody tried using both types of box and can give my a comparison, will one be more stable than the other ?

Also will homeplugs (500 Mbps) effect the stability, would it be better to use an Ethernet direct from the router ?

I know homeplugs are fine on Sat boxes but I noticed mine are flashing like mad when I try streaming on an E2 box.

cheers

bees
Bees,

I was told by my IPTV provider (wooshbuilds recommended provider) that any E2 box is not ment to run IPTV as they do not have the processing speed to do so, hence the poor quality. It was suggested to me that a firestick has twice the processing speed of a H2s and the new mag box has almost 4 times the processing speed.

After all the E2 boxes were designed for CS where as the mag box design is for IPTV/streaming.

Yeah I've read E2 are not the best for streaming but have also read they are just as good as Mag so not sure which way to jump.

Might go down the Mag root then I can compare it against my E2 box as see how they compare for myself.

I'm running miraclebox twin plus with 1.3Mhz processor
Was looking at the miraclebox mini (750 Mhz, 2000mips) or Mag for my mate.

Any comments on Homeplugs vs direct Ethernet, can't see any difference on sat but what about streaming ?

Well I've plumped for a Mag 256 with 1.5Mhz processor
over the miraclebox mini for him.

Not just for the faster processor speed but mainly because
I haven't set up a Mag box yet so he is paying for me to have a play about :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

set
Well I've plumped for a Mag 256 with 1.5Mhz processor
over the miraclebox mini for him.

Not just for the faster processor speed but mainly because
I haven't set up a Mag box yet so he is paying for me to have a play about :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

make sure youve got a spare couple of minutes to set it up, nothing to it :(y):

I've used the mag 250, 254 for around 4 years now and very simple to use. I'm not sure if there's much you can do to them to jazz them up. If you do think of anything let me know please.
Very simple to add the portal in the inner portal and then reboot

Simple answer as you have now ordered the magbox,Use the hard wired option if possible as i have come across issues a few times with people using home plugs on the magboxes,Have set up loads of them,Ask your provider if they do a duel sub (multiroom) option if your pal is looking to record as it will need that or it will get picked up on the servers,You can add an m3u file to the outer portal then and record via a usb,Need a decent broadband speed of around 15 mbps min really to run the HD channels or the SD will be the better option,If you have it all then you will find the mag is the finest dedicated iptv box on the market and so simple to use,It has its own portal which is controlled be the provider so its not like the enigma 2 boxes where you can change and add things

I've got iptv on my Zgemma and just bought a mag 256 and to be honest the mag blows the Zgemma away. I am running it on TP links and it ain't missed a heartbeat. Even my wife who used to have a moan if my Zgemma froze can't believe how stable the mag 256 has been. I've had people tell me that I should of bought a fire to box because they are just as good as the mag box but you can do more with the fire tv box. This I can't confirm as I am not technically gifted like some on here

I'm my opinion.. the Solo2 blows them all out of the water [emoji97] for processing power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solo 2 has same processing power as my miraclebox twin + 1.3Ghz,
Mag spec is 1.5Ghz

Same Ram, Mag has a bit more Flash memory

So will be interesting to see if there is any notable difference besides the price :grin::grin::grin:

For the £80 the mag 256 has been flawless compared to my Zgemma with iptv . Zgemma would freeze every now and then, the mag box has froze once since ive had it over a week. The channels turn over pretty instant, it has got epg on but not to the high standard on the Zgemma, but am watching the channels and not the epg. Am sure that your supplier makes a difference to. You can have multi lines on at the same time and test try them till your happy. Am paying a bit dearer for my iptv but can't fault the quality

For that price you'd expect the VU to blow the mag 256 considering the big price difference

No sat / cable tuners with the mag so it's all in the processing power by the looks of things.

So from that point of view the Mag 256 has a slighly higher spec than the VU and my Miriclebox Twin +

Have been testing a line on a miraclebox mini combo it's got a 750 Mhz broadcom chip and seems to be working fine
so the extra processing power might not be needed afterall, internet speed and the stabilily of the server may be a greater factor, but it's only early days for me so I will post my finding when I have had more of a chance to play about with the different boxes.

The HD streams are supposedly coming in at 1280 x 720, (it's not a 1080 typo) the picture quality is good, i'm not complaining at all,
but the quality it is nowhere as good as the HD channels using cable, you can deffo see the difference.
So I suspest the 1280 isn't actually 1280 :grin::grin::grin:

Bloody hell that was easy !!!

Box was up and running in about 5 mins if that !!!

Looked ok, picture quality looked fine and flicking through channels had a small
lag when loading but nothing you couldn't live with. Really small box, passed it to my mate and I will ask him
how it's running sometime next week when he has had a chance to play about.

Don't know if the performance will change when comparing connecting to the server using a MAC address against
the XC Plugin with E2 boxes

Last edited:
Back